Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM

Default NL$100| Flop two-pair on super-dangerous board!

The key villain in this hand is 27/13/4.7 (155). This flop really isn't what I'm looking for making a speculative call with 910s but I can't ignore the fact two pair is quite possibly the best hand. The PFR checks and I think that's telling as I only think he can check precisely AdKd here and all other hands he is beating me with he surely must bet on this flop. That leaves villain - the overbet smacks of a draw or an uncertain hand such as KQ with maybe Kd. I felt on balance I was likely to have the best hand more often than not given this bet. I also think he calls all top-pair type hands with a diamond or straight back up and may call with just a naked diamond draw.

In the heat of battle I really couldn't figure it all out to precisely come up with the best line, beit re-raise or call. FWIW my flop check was to see what the field would do - I was minded to fold. Had villain made a standard PSB I may have just laid it down but the overbet was suspicious. I would also add the PSRR was a mis-click as I meant to just slide. Obviously I can't fold to his RR for $56 more in a $335 pot.

I'll stop rambling - thoughts on this line?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $189.80
CO: $32.95
BTN: $182
SB: $100.50
Hero (BB): $163
UTG: $108.35

CO posts $0.50
CO posts $1
Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, MP calls $4, CO calls $3, 2 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($16.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $28.45</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $102.35</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $185.80 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $56.65 and is All-In

Turn: ($334.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($334.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: NL$100| Flop two-pair on super-dangerous board!

i c/f the flop

thats probably pretty weak.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i c/f the flop

thats probably pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's overly weak - this is a really bad board for bottom two pair. I was minded to do so to any serious action from a serious player but this overbet from this player smacked of a weaker hand.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Leading the flop works better here. Getting ai with this hand on this board is going to be unprofitable.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 PM

^^^^ I presume you fold to any raise?