Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:31 AM

Default should I fold this river in such a huge pot?

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (20.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

and anyone cap the turn? I think I just checkraise the river if the board doesn't pair...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: should I fold this river in such a huge pot?

[ QUOTE ]
anyone cap the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think anybody doesn't cap the turn. i would sell a kidney to have the money to cap the turn. i would steal money from my grandmother in order to cap the turn. i would sell my body to businessmen in thailand for the scratch to cap the turn. assuming the game was not table stakes and patient enough to accommodate me of course...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:51 AM

Haha this is gonna be on today's CR video.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 AM

lol... I don't like capping the turn here; it basically annouces your hand and smaller flushes or sets that don't fill up on the river are only paying you one bet. If I don't cap the turn and the river is safe, I can easily checkraise and get another 4 bets out of them, possibly more if they are really crazy.

Also this way I lose less if I don't win the pot... I'm sticking to not capping the turn until convinced other wise.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:08 AM

you think they are paying three bets on the river if the board doesn't pair and you don't cap? when a pot is 20BB once the turn closes, people start to get a thinking about their opponent's hands. even if they sneakily refused to cap the turn.

cap now while they are drawing! 4 bets now! worry about the river when you get there.

*hint in white* <font color="white"> you have the best hand </font>
Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 AM

wow, this better be some kind of a joke, because i'm on tilt just looking at it
Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 AM

I'm still not convinced.... I put both on them on set or lower flush. They are aggressive players, and don't make big laydowns in big pots. Against one of them I won a $900 pot with a showdown and he had A9 hi (there were 4 players on the flop and the board wasn't very draw heavy...)

There is no way they will both check and/or fold cheap on the river.

Anyone out there agree??
Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 AM

-JDalla

you last post supports the capping the turn argument.

*advanced pro tip in white* <font color="white"> you want the pot size to be as large as possible. *advanced pro follow-up question* how might a player make the pot larger on the turn?</font>
Old 07-28-2007, 03:24 AM

I'm sorry but this is just terrible. I didn't want to reply because I had no intention of giving any strategy advice but I'm sitting here stewing over how horribly this hand was played so I had to reply.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:32 AM

ok I am convinced now... I guess I was trying to get too fancy. I still think it is possible to get more bets without capping here, but I guess it's not likely enough.

In the hand they had 66 and TT. Doesn't anyone think I should have folded the river?