Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Should I have Folded TPTK?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

*If this board is drawy I'm probably calling this. Just can't see why someone overbets that much on a blank board.

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $48.3
UTG: $36.50
MP: $51.60
CO: $71.35
BTN: $49.25
Hero (SB): $68.1

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB calls $3, MP folds, BTN calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all in to $45.30</font>, BTN folds, Hero ???
Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Should I have Folded TPTK?

Yes.

$39 to win $62... I don't like it.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:27 AM

I'm calling this. I don't know wtf villain is doing. This is often QJ or AQ, AJ, but it's also often two pair. I don't think it's ever a set.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 AM

I'd say fold, although this could well be a drawing hand I've seen two pair played a lot like this too but I'm pretty nitty about gross overbets on the whole.

If i didn't have a good enough read i'd have to lay it down. If he's making monkey moves like this another spot will come up sooner or later and you'll own his stack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've seen a few players do this with AA before trying to be tricky in the blinds.

Something else that comes to mind is how frequently have you been stealing from this guy? A crazed sort of insanely tilty blind defence? There are a few players out there who just go nuts if you've stolen a fair bit lately. If you've been active more than usual lately i'd lean more to towards a call than i usually would.

Anyway you're right it's a weird overbet

What sort of numbers is the bloke running at?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:44 AM

You can't call this.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 AM

People often get crazy in these spots. Obviously it exposes you to high variance, but I think villain's range is wide here and I think you're good here often enough to call.

The only hand I'm really worried about is KT. And if that is in his range, then so is KJ/KQ.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People often get crazy in these spots. Obviously it exposes you to high variance, but I think villain's range is wide here and I think you're good here often enough to call.

The only hand I'm really worried about is KT. And if that is in his range, then so is KJ/KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge leak and you are ignoring the most important piece of information in this hand which is that villain has seen obvious strength by Hero and still has committed his entire stack to the hand. This is never one pair and though his range was wide after preflop, you must re-evaluate that range now that he is all in.

Very easy fold.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:50 AM

Yup, Very easy fold.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 AM

If villain has any kind of clue you have to fold. Hero has shown masses of strength raising out of the blinds with two limpers (think about it, what is your range there?) and cbet despite there being 2 players behind (what's your range for that spot?). Despite all of this villain still shoved his stack in the middle.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge leak and you are ignoring the most important piece of information in this hand which is that villain has seen obvious strength by Hero and still has committed his entire stack to the hand. This is never one pair and though his range was wide after preflop, you must re-evaluate that range now that he is all in.

Very easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT