Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Too Much for M. Young?

I'm in a hitter dominated league. Pre-draft someone on the board did an analysis of the stat catagories and J. Bay should have been picked # 1. I think the first pitcher taken was Johan Santana at #80 or something. So, that being said here is the trade that's been offered:

M. Young for H. Ramirez and B. Webb.

The catagories are H/R/1b/2b/3b/HR/SB/W/Avg and W/ERA/Whip/K/CG/S

I'm way ahead on WHIP and ERA and could use some help in 2b and Avg. What do you think?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Too Much for M. Young?

I think Hanley's been better than Young this year (Variance, sure) and you can get more.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Hanley's been better than Young this year (Variance, sure)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he's going to continue this?

Might be too much, I guess, but this is the perfect time to unload Hanley.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:17 PM

agreed on unloading, but he can def get more thrown in for Webb. The other guy is pretty results-oriented for making the offer in the first place, and he's not expecting you to accept. Push back with a little and see what you can get thrown in.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:24 PM

People seem to think I could get more for Hanley and Webb huh? Okay, I'll see what he thinks of a counter offer. I do think that this is a good time to sell high for both Hanley and Webb. Webb's ERA should settle at 3.50 some where...he's gotta' fall off sometime right?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:29 PM

I actualy think Webb's more likely to level off around 2.80-3.00. Don't piss the guy off with a rediculous counter offer, but he's going to have to make a drop anyways, so you might as well start with the understanding you can get the warm body back right now and can probbaly wiggle out a little more.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 PM

With these wacky categories it is really hard for someone to just look at this trade and know if it is good. You didn't even tell us how many teams are in the league. If this is a very shallow league I'd say that this would be a good trade for you. Hanley Ramirez is going to come way way back down to earth, and pitching isn't worth nearly as much as hitting. Given the fact that power hitters aren't worthy any more than singles hitters with this crazy system I'd say that Michael Young is worth quite a bit.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 PM

Paluka, you are on the right track here. The league is a bit different than most. guys that get a lot of hits are helpful but H. Ramirez gets steals too. Young doesn't seem to steal a lot. If Ramirez comes back down to earth and Webb levels off then I think Young is more valuable. The other part of it is that I have Prior and J. Patterson coming off the DL soon. Freeing up a roster spot could prove valuable as well.

More info on the league. It's 11 team roto league. I'm currently in 2nd place...with big leads in pitching. I've been in first most of the year but my sticks haven't come around like I'd have hoped.