Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Maniac at my table

I was playing some NL B&M poker last night, and this slightly drunk guy sat down at my table. This was a 2-5 (blinds) game, where max buy in is either $300 or 75% of the biggest stack on the table, whichever is higher. He proceeded to dump about 30 pumpkins ($500 chips) on the table, and asked how much he could buy in for. The biggest stack at the table was about $1200 at that point. He then bought in for the maximum then started talking about how he wanted to gamble some more, since he had a hot streak at craps.

Anyway he started calling raises out of position, saying how little a raise meant to him, since he was so far up and just wanted to play. Luck was with him initially, and he won several pots, and likely bluffed out several better hands.

At this table, there were several solid regulars. There was one older gentleman who was LAGgy pre-flop, but fairly solid post-flop. UTG, the maniac raised, and the older gentleman called in middle position, and there were a couple of other cold callers. I folded. Flop came 799, rainbow. Maniac overbet the pot, older gentleman called, everyone else folded. The turn was a blank, maniac, once again overbet the pot, and the older gentleman called. River, I believe was a 4. Once again, the maniac bet, this time less than the pot. Older gentleman went all in. Maniac still had about $500 behind him, and called. Of course, the older gentleman had quad nines. Maniac had complete junk, something like K8 in the pocket, which only gave him the pair of nines, which were on the board, with a K kicker.

Now for the bad beat part of this post- The maniac left after that hand. He left. He left with the rest of his pumpkins. From the time he sat down, to the time he left, the best hand I saw pf was 56o OOP. I never had an opportunity to get involved in a hand with him. The older gentleman did appologize to the table for driving him off. No one said anything insulting or condescending to the maniac, and someone even complimented the maniac on his play. Nonetheless he left, saying he was going back to the craps table. This was the type of player I have dreamed about having at my table, and I never had a chance to get my chips in with him.

For all who have read this far, thank you for listening to my rant. I felt as though I just had a winning lottery ticket which was ruined going through the laundry.

edited for formatting
Old 04-30-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Maniac at my table

play partypoker

theres a lot of maniac
Old 04-30-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Maniac at my table

I've seen a lot of super LAGs pf online, but I cannot see anyone calling an all-in bet, with effectively king high on the river for $500. Well, maybe on the play money tables. Of course, this may have been a play money table to my maniac.