Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Default get there on the river, donk or cr?

wpex 3/6, villains not the type to take a bet fold line i dont think on the river. Its not really a part of his game, if hes betting or raising hes not finding a fold in the hand. Hes an ok player with some preflop flaws and not a ton of postflop sophistication but hes not a huge donkey or anything and can probably read hands fine.

villain raises utg+1, CO cold calls, hero calls As8s in BB

flop Ts 7 3s
hero checks, villain bets, CO raises, hero calls, villain calls

turn 6
hero checks, villain checks, CO bets, hero calls, villain raises, CO folds, hero calls

river 5s
hero checks, villain checks

what if the river is the J of spades or some other spade, any difference?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: get there on the river, donk or cr?

Don't include results, but I think you have to bet here. Both the straight (though unlikely) and the flush will scare villain here, and your flop coldcall looks a lot like a flushdraw.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:43 PM

I would bet because the board is scary enough to induce a check from villain and if the villain has a strong hand like a set, he'll probably just call a check/raise but he will raise and call a 3bet if you lead out.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:18 PM

We have a couple of competing factors on the river in this hand:

(1) Your hand looks very much like a draw that just hit. You can't have much else except a stubborn T or an incredibly patient slowplay. (I guess a flopped gutshot that rivered two pair or a flopped pair that became two pair at some point is possible but very unlikely unless Villain thinks you're a big chaser.)

(2) Villain checkraised the turn in a protected pot and seems to have a very big hand, such as a flopped set or a turned straight or two pair.

I think a set probably should check the river here versus you, but I'm still a little surprised that Villain found that check.

Nevertheless, I think a river donkbet is probably the way to go. Villain has a strong hand, and I doubt he's folding it, and if we're giving his play some respect, there does appear to be a big danger of whiffing on a checkraise.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:23 PM

Given the fact you've called alot of bets on the flop & turn villain will be worried about the flush. I'm donking here.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:37 PM

just for the sake of conversation if ur villain and hold 98 TT 77 33 or 66, what is ur play on the river? I think an overpair is within his range here as well are u checking all of these hands?

try not to be too results orientated, kinda just put that in the original post to [censored] with people a bit (prolly shouldn't have [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])