Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Possible to beat Absolute micro stakes?

I've been playing 6-max $10NL and $25NL on Absolute for the past couple of weeks clearing a bonus and I simply cannot beat these freaking games. With bonus and rakeback, I have actually increased my roll a little, but excluding bonus/rakeback, I have lost a little of it. I feel that, for the most part, I have been playing good solid poker. I have tilted a little, but actually the couple instances of tilt actually worked in my favor because I picked up some big hands and got action. Aside from that, I feel that I rarely get paid on my big hands, and am constantly either getting sucked out or coolered (e.g., last night, flop bottom two, river boat and stack off to guy who flopped top and bottom and rivered better boat).

This is not fun. If I am lucky, I will find a table where there is 1 or maybe 2 marginal players who might stack off light. If not, then I am typically up against 4 or 5 TAGs who won't pay me off. I spend each session trying not to get coolered by one of the TAGS or sucked out on by one of the bad players. I feel like the only way I can post a decent win is if I am lucky enough to get some cards, not get cooled, not get sucked out on and not tilt as a result of any of the foregoing happening. It's defensive poker. In the past, I would spew a roll on this site very quickly by playing way to loose/aggressive and by playing games too big for the roll. I haven't yet done that with this new roll and am being much more careful about when and against whom I put my money in, but I gotta say that it's getting old playing my best just to post a break-even session.

So my question is whether anyone plays these games on Absolute and actually beats them? If so, how do you do it? I usually play 2 and sometimes 3 tables, but because I am not 18 years old, that is about the limit of the # of tables I can play and actually still focus. Is the only way to win to play like 20/10/5 PT stats and multi-table? Should I just give up on trying to win her and go where there are more fish (e.g., FTP, Stars)?

Also, does anyone also play microstakes on Ultimate Bet? I haven't played there in a long time. What are those tables like? Similar to Absolute?

Any posts would be appreciated. And feel free to flame me if you want, I don't care.

Peace,
e
Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Possible to beat Absolute micro stakes?

Absolute is very soft - I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if you are only breaking even there, then it is because you have huge leaks in your game.

No problem, just play, read the micro/small stakes nl forum, post plenty of hands, get better = make money
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM

I may indeed have huge leaks in my game. If you consider Absolute soft, then how do you think it compares with Stars and Full Tilt? I consider Full Tilt and Stars softer than Absolute, but I don't have rakeback at either of those, so lately have been playing at Absolute.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:04 PM

I play 10NL on UB and have been doing very well. I played on UB last year but did not have money in the account when the new law came out. UB gave me a $10 bonus to play with a couple of months ago. I played on the 5NL tables for a while and built it up to about $25 then quit playing for a while. At the end of Aug. I started playing the 10NL tables and have not had a losing session. I am running about 10ptbb/100. These games are very beatable, I know that I have been running pretty well but not great, my win rate is good but I have only hit 1 set all month and ended up spliting the pot with a str8 on the board.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Absolute gave me $5 for free and I turned it into $120 (so far) playing .5/.10 NL. I challenged myself to turn $5 into $1000, but I can only play so much deep stacked .5/.10 NL.

Pretty soft if you ask me. UB is the same.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM

you probably just suck at poker, and should wait until you're 18 before playing on there.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 PM

it has only been a few weeks also.

While you should be winning its more than easy to break even for several thousand hands.

I would look at your HH see what your doing try to avoid losing 1-2 dollars here and there.

course i suck at poker so dont listen to me
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 AM

If you are playing the short around midnight the games usually have super fish that will pay you off with junk. Weekends too. I was actually shocked how stupid these guys are, considering how tight the limit games there are. Picture the mullets that used to play Party 25NL in early 2003.....
Old 09-14-2007, 01:54 AM

Completely impossible to beat absolute microstakes.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:43 AM

when I was playing there about 2-3 months ago the microstakes games there were the easiest Ive played in since I was still able to play at pacific poker and paradise before the legilation came out