Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Shooting Pool in Vegas

I am coming to LV weekend of Feb 23 with my wife and some friends. Wife and her friend want to shoot some pool while I play poker. Can anyone recommend good places to play pool in Vegas? Could be hourly places or a bar with ample quarter machines. I don't think they care which one, only requirement is that they can primarily play each other as opposed to winner stays bar pool.

Thanks.

KJS
Old 02-13-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Shooting Pool in Vegas

Pool Sharks on Twain and Decatur. 25 tables or so, both bar and competition sized.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:13 PM

This will not help you at all, but I feel the need/want to reminisce for a moment.

The best pool hall on the PLANET closed last year. It was called Pinkeees and was on Flamingo, accross from the Rio.

It was a relic. Tons of tables, 21+ only, open 24/7, big bar, sex couches, horrid food, occasional live music, wet t shirt contests on mondays, disgusting bathrooms wallpapered with Playboy centerfolds (and Playgirl centerfolds in the womens), air hocky and darts, arcade, smokers welcomed, and no cover (in fact, if you took care of Aaron, the bouncer, he let you play for free all the time. Rent for the tables was supposedly $5 per hour (regardless of how many players), but it was very loosely enforced.

The building still exists, but all the signage is gone. It was supposed to be torn down for some condo, but it has yet to happen. Haven't played pool since. Damn, I miss that place.

I am definately interested in anyones recommendations for 21+ halls that serve liquor.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 PM

There are 2 pool tables at the bar in O'Sheas between Flamingo and Imperial Palace.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 PM

There are 2 pool tables in the bar in THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay. (This is the trendy hotel attached to the main Mandalay.) No charge to play.