Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Comisson Per Acquisiton vs. Percentage Revenue Plan

Hey folks. I just have a question for people that make money by advertising for poker sites. What do you think would be more profitable, CPA or PRP? This is for a pretty popular website that has nothing to do with poker at all, so I don't expect the players to be especially skilled.

I am considering Pokerstars (CPA), UltimateBet(PRP), and Full Tilt, which has both options. Here is the FTP affiliate program information: https://affiliates.fulltiltpoker.com...s/pub/FAQ.aspx

Here are my thoughts so far...

Comission per Acquisition - get $75 or something once a player hits 100 player points

Pros: Good because you get a big chunk of money at one single time and you don't have to count on them playing a ton of poker if you want to make some money. Also might be good if you think you're going to attract a lot of fish that might try a little bit of poker and then say "Poker iz hard!11" and quit.

Cons: Some people probably won't even make it to 100 player points so you're not going to make any money from them. Plus you're losing potential money choosing this option from the players that continue to play for a long time.

Percentage Revenue Plan - Calculated based on contributed cash game rake + tournament fees. A bunch of things are subtracted though too, "minus any credits, bonuses paid, FTP costs, charge backs, or costs directly attributable to the player. " says FTP.

20% of the first $10,000 = $2000
25% of the amount from $10,001 to $25,000 = $3750
30% of the amount from $25,001 to $50,000 = $7500
35% of the amount over $50,001 = $1750

Pros: You make money right away, whether or not people keep playing. You could also potentially make a ton of money in the long run if you end up referring players that play a lot for long periods of time.

Cons: It's based on contributed rake, so it's difficult for me to guess if it is better. If American poker folds and most of your referrals are Americans, you're probably losing potential money compared to the first plan. If people are good enough to last for 100 player points but bad enough to go out after that, you're probably losing money to the alternative.

These are my thoughts. they could be wrong. I would be really interested in hearing someone else's thoughts, especially someone who has experience with one or both of these options.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Comisson Per Acquisiton vs. Percentage Revenue Plan

After more thought I think PRP generates more revenue in the long run no matter what. Please someone tell me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Comisson Per Acquisiton vs. Percentage Revenue Plan

change avatar=more responses