Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Default 20-40, Should I value bet these rivers?

In general I think I make my money pre-flop and on the flop. On the turn, the amount I dish out and take is probably about even. However, since I moved to 20-40, I think I get killed on the river.

Too often it feels like if I go for a thin value-bet I get raised, then can't fold. On the other hand, when I check the river it always seems like I missed value.

2 Hands from 20-40 at the Borg.

Hand 1: I have AK in EP3. I've been at the table only breifly. The two other players in this hand have not shown to be good or bad, or do anything out of the ordinary (except a cold-call on this hand). UTG limps, I raise, 2 cold-callers, BB calls and UTG calls. 5 to flop.

Flop AT3 rainbow. Check to me, I bet, CO calls, BB calls.
Turn - J to complete rainbow. Check to me, I bet, both call. River 2. BB checks. Is this an easy check? An easy bet? A bet/fold? A bet/call? Or where on that spectrum?

Hand 2: I have 88 in MP. EP3 limps (a regular, he's fairly tight pre-flop, but I suspect a loser at the game becuase I think he starts to loosen up near the end of his sessions and just seems to have the losing hand on the river a lot. I think he plays nearly every day though.) I limp in MP with 88. SB completes. BB checks.

Flop J65 rainbow - Check, Check, EP3 bets, I raise, fold, fold, EP3 calls.
Turn 2 completes rainbow - EP3 checks, I bet, he calls.
River J - EP3 checks. Is this an easy bet? An easy check? A bet/fold, bet/call? Or where on that spectrum?

Thank you very much for thoughts.