Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 AM

Default X art is better than Y art

Boxing guys and Muay Thai guys have a good reputation because they train really hard. There are really good qualities to those styles, but attributing their success only to the style is ricidulous.

Also, another reason why one practicioner might be more effective than another is that he trains more realistically. IMO, Judo and BJJ guys train very realistically, because they are always fighting against an actively resisting opponent.

I think if guys in other styles trained a lot harder, and trained more often against an actively resisting opponent, then we might start hearing "bahhh, white tiger style kung fu is the only thing that works. Muay Thai is just fake etc." instead of the opposite.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: X art is better than Y art

We've actually been hearing that for hundreds of years, if not thousands. It's only recently that training less than seriously was even considered a serious option.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only recently that training less than seriously was even considered a serious option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try telling that to my training partner! He flakes on me all the time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Not to be discouraged though, I'm trying to find more people to get together with me in the park. Also, I found a group of really talented dudes that train 80 miles from me every wednesday. So I drive out there, because I love martial arts, and want to be REALLY good. Today, I'm driving out to downtown LA to meet up with some JKD dudes I found off the internet.

I don't wanna be one of those guys that brags "oh, I've been training for 12 years", but trains only an hour a week. Also, I'm taking a kickboxing class at my school that should help me get in better shape. In case you can't tell from my post, I'm a little hard up for dollars at the moment, so I'm trying to innovate instead of stagnate. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 03:41 PM

snowball, perhaps this Forum would be a good place for you.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Nice thing is, you can at least stay in great shape pretty much for free. And being in shape counts for a heck of a lot.