Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Default AQ in trouble...

............i know i played this [censored]... i just need ppl to berate me so i stop.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB[list]
Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: AQ in trouble...

I wouldn't always 3-bet PF. Actually, I would usually fold. It depends mainly on who is UTG - his range here and how he plays postflop. Do you have stats or a read on him? I think your 3-bet could have been good.

The continuation bet at the flop doesn't seem bad to me.

I think you should value bet the turn, and not give him a free card to a flush or another hand that will beat you. I think you should call the raise as you did.

I think the river is easily a profitable call.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM

Hi all I'm new here.

Depending on the raiser's stats, I would usually just fold preflop. Flop is a bet since you did 3-bet preflop. Turn looks like a fold, but sometimes I convince myself to call down.

If you call the turn you can't fold the river.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM

yea i don't see any huge problems with this hand. maybe you're being results oriented. pf could be a fold if the guy is super tight and if he's not the 3bet is fine.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 AM

As others mentioned, preflop may be a fold depending on reads (if you have one). But if you're not folding preflop, this is exactly how you should have played the hand.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 AM

If UTG is a typical stars 2/4 player with a preflop raise% of about 6%, then fold this preflop without a 2nd thought.

It's hard without reads, but I like the flop, and I like the turn bet, but I would fold to the c/r. (altough calling down is not too bad. I just don't like the fact that even when he's bluffing a number of times there will be a heart river and you still lose. Also, a turn c/r is rarely a bluff there... maybe you split. It really depends on the player, how tight he is and how passive)