Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM

Default AJ SB vs. BB lag master heads up 3/6NL w/1K stacks

I'm wasted and it's 5 am, but I'm still somewhat coherant and I have the balls of a champ because I'm playing this high.

Hero(me): $968.00
Villian: $890.00

I've been raising a lot and taking down pots preflop. I bought in for 400.00 and have built it to almost 1K in about 45 minutes. I guess I'm controlled crazy. Actually borderline crazy, but not stupid. I doubled early when I flopped nut flush vs. smaller flush. It's been a crazy 45 minutes usually 4-5 to flop after it's been raised. Avg. pots are around 130.00 which is why I sat down to begin with. I don't have any reads on the Villian although he seems a bit laggy seeing a lot of flops and loves to raise to push people off hands. He obviously knows what he's doing well he has $890.00 at a 600NL game. Definitely a winner.

On to the hand.

It actually folds around to HERO in the SB with AcJs who raises to 15.00. Picking up the 6.00 BB would be cool, but let's see what happens.

Villian Calls.

Flop(30.00) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets 22.00, Villian quickly calls

Turn (74.00) Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets 45.00, Villian makes it $131 total WTF?

If we call here, how much are we calling on the river? Can we reraise this? I felt so awkward here.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: AJ SB vs. BB lag master heads up 3/6NL w/1K stacks

lol what a narration

raise more than $15 pf with AJ, what are u trying to do?? bet more on the turn so that you dont look so weak. When he pops you, you should usually fold this, since he has a K here way more often that not. You could also reraise to $200 and fold if he still does not go away, but that would be costly and is not worth it.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:27 PM

I disagree with your assumption that ...." He obviously knows what he's doing well he has $890.00 at a 600NL game. Definitely a winner."

Your PF raise is terrible but we arn't concerned with that point right now. You say that villain "loves to raise to push people off hands" and he has just done the exact same thing to you after you have shown weakness both preflop and with your small turn bet.

I think you have put yourself in a bad position by betting the turn here. If you really believe you have the best hand then i would prefer check calling the turn. The reason for this is that you may induce a bluff from the guy (who you have said is very likely to do this)or get a weaker ace to bet. Your weak turn bet accomplishes nothing but gives him the oppurtunity to raise and put you into the position you are in right now.

Having said that, now that you have bet and been raised your only option IMO is to reraise a small amount to find out if he has the king or not. He pushes you fold.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:32 PM

If the game's playing crazy and villain is decent but doesn't know you (which I assume is the case if this is higher than your usual level), I like to c/c the turn then lead river for value. As it is, call and make a decision on river, whether to call a rver bet really depends on how aggressive this guy is (too read based to answer imo). Lean towards fold though.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the game's playing crazy and villain is decent but doesn't know you (which I assume is the case if this is higher than your usual level), I like to c/c the turn then lead river for value. As it is, call and make a decision on river, whether to call a rver bet really depends on how aggressive this guy is (too read based to answer imo). Lean towards fold though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is out of position so I like a block bet on river,
100-130 range.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:48 PM

Re-raise the turn? Wtf? As a bluff?

If you decide to continue on with the hand, I would call. Then on the river, either block, or check/call, depending on how you think he'll respond to a block.

Can't critisize you too much for a fold, here, though.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 PM

All your bets look weak so I might be inclined to call turn and c/c river, but my standard line is to check/call turn to keep the pot size small.