Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Most Important Skill in deep SH...?

ive recently started playin quite a bit of deep stacked short handed NLHE. ive been a long time PLO8 player, but have a decent grasp on most games but Badugi (i struggle with it for some odd reason). ive been workin with a friend to up my NLHE game, and ive been puttin in a lot of time to improve my game, and to think about the game...

i play deep 6h on FTP, and live. i was just wondering what ppl thought were some of the most important things to know before embarking on these games. (we will assume that basic knowledge of the game is already had).

after thinkin about it for a bit, i think that pot control is one of the most important skills you can have. having played PLO8 for so long, i learned how to conrol the pot size, esp OOP. this translates quite easily over to NLHE, when being OOP, hands become much harder. also, controlling pot sizes when deep is huge. learning when to explode a pot, and when to shrink it is huge, esp given position, and in multiway pots.

i was just wondering if others had thoughts on this, and cared to share. im certainly no expert, and im rly just beginning to learn short handed...so plz give me some things i shud b thinkin about.. thnx

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]SS
Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Most Important Skill in deep SH...?

You are correct that pot control is a huge thing in deep stacked play, but because everything boils down to it; deception, good understanding of implied odds, knowing to adjust to shortstacked players when in pots with other deep stacked players, etc.