Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Peel questions

Blinds are tight and I elect to open Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO. It is folded to the BB, a 28/12/1.0 player, who 3-bets. What is your plan for the following flops, assuming the BB leads out with a continuation bet?

(a) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(b) A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(c) K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Peel questions

i think you can peel them all.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:28 AM

Maybe this isn't very interesting, so let me add a follow-up question. In each case, assuming you peel, let's assume that the turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You don't have a great read on your opponent's postflop play, but you suspect he is likely the type of player who after putting the last raise in preflop will always keep the lead on the turn out of position if you just called the flop. What's your plan?
Old 02-17-2007, 07:35 AM

I'd fold (a) but I haven't ever thought it through very well. The other two I'd peel.

As to your follow up question, I'm thinking I'd definitely fold to a bet if the 5h hit the turn. If he checked, I'd bet and try to take a free river showdown only because I don't want to give him a free shot at a chop.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:36 AM

hed have to be pretty nutty to call that turn.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:38 AM

i wouldnt fold a bc he could easily have 66 thru jj.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 PM

I'd peel all because his statistics indicate a general weak-tightness, someone who would not follow through on the turn with a hopeless hand and may c/f a better hand or a hand with suffecient outs (not too likely, but not 0%) if a heart came.

There are many players where I wouldn't peel a or b because they just follow through too many times with a turn bet for good reason or not. You can exploit that tendency by calling down a little lighter and "waiting for the turn" more, but it also means you should peel a little less.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:27 PM

If you peel the flop in situations b or c, and a fourth heart comes on the turn, is anyone considering raising the turn bet, as a bluff?
Old 02-17-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you can peel them all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you peel the flop in situations b or c, and a fourth heart comes on the turn, is anyone considering raising the turn bet, as a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many players are ever bet/folding this turn so generally no way, but given the assumptions from your first reply, maybe. I can think of a few guys with TAGgy pf stats, really high AFs, and low WTSD who play like they are in a passive 5/10 game from 2003 (i.e. their basic strat is to always bet until resistance). I'm sure a bluff-raise is pretty good against a guy like this.