Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Rules to live by.

I have followed this forum since late 1999. I remember when one post would last a few days. I believe we had three sub forums at that time. Mason and David posted on a regular basis then.

I learned to think about the game from guys like Louie Landale, ThreeBetBrett,Andy Fox, Ulysses, JC Sucker, et al.

I used to read Recorg.Poker (RGP)also at that time.

I stopped reading RGP in about 2001 because of the way the group ran. To explain what I mean I will use an expression of my father's, "they behaved like a pack of wild (the f wordg) animals." Meaning they do not have any regard for one another.

I chose to become a member of the Two Plus Two community because of the way people treat one another. Sure posters gave "tough" love, but the posters never made it a personal attack.

The operators of the site do not tolerate poor behavior and have banished many a poster throughout the years. Quad eights Or maybe he went by Russ fought a never ending battle that he finally lost.

In an anonymous internet forum it can becomes very easy to make offensive remarks about anyone.

This site has become huge and gains members at record rates because how people treat other another.

We all just need to remember that once in a while, simple rules to live by.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Rules to live by.

I remember my first post being in a strat forum and immediately got flamed for playing a hand poorly. Which is fine I guess, but then it seemed like posters were waiting in line to make personal attacks at me for being "retarded." It seems like now one person says something and unless the have thousands of posts, or are known by people IRL they get the wrath of God brought upon them if it's not an earthshattering post.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of dicks even drove Ozzy 87 away. There are quite a few great poker players I know IRL who said they've posted here, but stopped right away because 2p2 just seemed like a bunch of middle schoolers trying to make each other laugh by putting other people down.

IMO, it sucks a lot how many talented players and posters this site has driven away just by acting like a pack of wild [censored] animals.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 AM

Well speaking as a new member, it is tough to generalize, but I have found certain forums that are very respectful (like The Lounge) and some that are more inclined to jokes, ridicule, etc... Its a user's choice as to which forums and threads they enter. I think thats the beauty of twoplustwo. There is something for everyone.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM

You're right, different forums are for different people's tastes. And there are forums for ridiculing people, that's fine, but that's still possible to do in a tasteful manner, which doesn't include baseless name calling.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:51 AM

[censored] you mike you [censored] [censored]
Old 09-20-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, remembering that whole "where you came from" crap is gay IMO. People should go back there if it was so awesome.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 AM

You know what's funny? If one perused some of the very first threads in the oldest of archives (the ones before they changed the format, anyway) one would find non other than lovable old Ray Zee flaming the absolute living piss out of somebody in a very personal, mean-spirited fashion.

I'm pretty drunk right now but I am sure I'm not imagining this. Dig it up and defend my honor, internet pros.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, remembering that whole "where you came from" crap is gay IMO. People should go back there if it was so awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

If only we had a pre-<font color="green">tuq </font> time machine.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what's funny? If one perused some of the very first threads in the oldest of archives (the ones before they changed the format, anyway) one would find non other than lovable old Ray Zee flaming the absolute living piss out of somebody in a very personal, mean-spirited fashion.

I'm pretty drunk right now but I am sure I'm not imagining this. Dig it up and defend my honor, internet pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]