Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2006, 09:33 AM

Default I need help with possible racism in the Headscarves thread

Headscarves thread

I need your guy's help with this thread. This thread was initially about the customs of Muslims and one cleric's statement that women who don't cover their faces are asking to be raped. I was a little queasy about a later allegation by BluffTHIS that there was currently a spree of rapes being committed by Muslims in Europe without very much support. I was willing to give Bluff the benefit of the doubt because he is a respected strat and Politics poster. But now there is an allegation that a blog linked by Bluff is a neo-Nazi blog.

It obviously sickens me that something like this could happen on my watch and I couldn't catch it sooner. Bottom line, I need your help. I am inclined to give Bluff a nice long temp ban for linking that website and generally making posts designed to inspire hatred by making baseless allegations about Muslims going on a raping spree. This is exactly the kind of thing that pissed Mason off and led to the Politics forum shutdown. Search Mason's posts in ATF and Politics for more on this.

I'm asking basically for two things:

1. Read the thread, particularly Bluff's posts to see whether any of them were designed to forment hatred. Keep in mind that it is a common tactic among racists to make wild allegations among those of an ethnic minority to put them in a bad light. A pretty good case for this was laid out by Mickey Brauch.

2. Whether the linked blog was in fact a neo-nazi blog. It looked to me like it made the same kind of wild allegation, but I haven't studied it thoroughly yet. Mickey was the one who identified this blog as a neo-Nazi blog and he was likely one of the few who read it. I haven't gotten very far into it but it looks like the charge has merit.

Thoughts?