Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 01:20 AM

Default Short Vegas Report (including one monumental TOUGH beat story)

First time out and had a great time...after all expenses came back only 200 down (expenses including grand canyon trip, car rental, ave q, O at bellagio, eating three good meals a day, buying new shoes for the hurting feet of my gf, new clothes, sunglasses, etc...) Two down wasn't so bad.

1. Loved the Wynn. Very friendly staff with good games. Had a great time except the toughest beat of my life. 7 handed on the 15/30 capped 5 ways including the blinds preflop. I have JJ utg. Flop comes Jspades, Aspades, Jclubs. I check and the next guy bets. yadda yadda yadda it is capped 4 ways on the flop. Ten of spades on turn. This time only three of us capping it but not until the the fourth is 3 bets in...Ace on river and there you have it. AAAA vs JJJJ vs nut flush (q short of royal) Surprised the flush called 5 bets on river but I guess he had to see it...
Biggest limit pot of my life and I lost on one outer...ouch
Overall though I love the Wynn even though it was the only place I was down at...1200 down total

Played Mirage and was less than impressed. While waiting to play 20/40 I sat in a SNG where two hands in a row the people on either side of my raise and reraise around me causing me to fold and then say "lets check it down" Second time I ask the dealer what he is gonna do about it and he says "it's heads up - they can do that" I did the whole "not playing against eachother but all of us" thing and he says that the mirage doens't have that rule...I say " you don't have a rule against collusion?" he gets mad at me...I call the floor - they give both my colluders a warning. Just left me with bad taste...lost the sng(third place) and sat at T/F for a bit up a couple hundred when my gf came and got me...

Played Venetian and liked the room but needs bigger games...up a 270 playing 4/8 (i'm no snob)

Played at Bellagio after hour wait and killed the 15/30 for just under a grand in 90 minutes before (common theme) my gf came and got me...This was not just my trip and I had to make her happy as well. Felt a definite locals bias at Bellagio more so than any other room I played at...No computerized board also frustrated me

Played at MGM grand quite a bit late at night and love the room and hope they can figure out a way to get bigger games. Another room where the poker room is at entrance and that is something I love. Clean room with great floor and nice system of checking you in and out...this room just needs to get off an 15/30 or even a 10/20 and I would really love it....

Vegas rocked and I can't wait to go back
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Short Vegas Report (including one monumental TOUGH beat story)

Good report. I'm suprised at the way that dealer at the Mirage acted when faced with obvious collusion.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 AM

two outer, no?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:33 AM

The last ace is the only card that beats me from that guy - Yes? or the queen of spades for other guy - One each
Old 04-21-2006, 01:37 PM

We really need to start agreeing on the length of posts. I've seen posts that are shorter than this on labeled as long; now this one is short. What is the world coming to? It's CHAOS!

I think this was just the right length. Not short or long.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:46 PM

So no bad beat in the 30 game?
Old 04-21-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So no bad beat in the 30 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's definately bad beats at the Wynn, but no jackpots at any level. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2006, 04:01 PM

exactly...i still love the wynn