Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 PM

Default Live rules question

A player who had missed their blind came back and wanted to make a live bet (2xBB) UTG, but the dealer (who was new) said she had to also post the small blind as dead money, just like when you miss the blind and post from any other position.

We discussed it a bit and the live bet was allowed, as that's the way I've always seen it ruled.

I decided to ask the forum, as the dealers logic was sound and I couldn't refute it - other than to say its always been that way (which isn't the best defense).

Opinions please?

Thanks,
Jay
Old 06-27-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Live rules question

A player can come in with a straddle if a straddle is permitted in whatever position they are sitting in (normally UTG, but some palces allow a late position straddle in bug bet games).

I have seen a room require a small blind dead to the center, this is silly and reduces action.

There might be some palces that have strict requirements about missed drops (places that drop on the button). I will not address these situations because they are strictly local in nature (I once worked somepalce that took a collection on the button so if ou played both blinds and then got up if you wanted to come in on your blind you had to pay a collection and the big blind whereas if you had missed the blinds also you only had to pay the blind when it came to you to come in in the blind).