Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 08:33 PM

Default How much is a crappy flush draw worth HU?

So I was involved in this hand with another TAG and I had to make some quick decisions.

I figured it was slightly less than 50% that he even had a spade in his hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 06-11-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: How much is a crappy flush draw worth HU?

on another note, do you think you were beat 7.5 out of 8.5 times on the riv? (i.e. vs. Ks Q)
Old 06-11-2006, 11:19 PM

Default Re: How much is a crappy flush draw worth HU?

Well it's kinda a little different since this was 3 handed to start. But I don't think I'm folding, except in a few spots. No thought to calling the river? What does the 3 bet and lead all the way mean? If you fold the river I think you should fold the turn.

Edit: I rethought it. This is the against the TAG and you are playing a total fish in the other seat? If so I don't think a call is worth it. You have a flush that is gonna be good by your estimate 1/2 the time. The other half the time you are drawing to 2 outs and dodging 8 outs. When I was playing 3 handed I didn't often try and outdraw the other winning player on the table without fish being in the pot.