Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 AM

Default NL2 - 76o on Button against moron

Moron is 48/25/3 and loves playing all sorts of hands OOP. I have seen him call 2 all in bets from other players who are practically full stacked $1.50 and higher with K3s and K8s.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($1.35)
BB ($.41)
UTG ($4.17)
MP ($1.67)
CO ($1.87)
Hero ($1.83)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG raises to $0.07, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.07, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.17) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](2 players)
UTG bets $0.17, Hero raises to $0.68, UTG raises to $2.21, Hero raises to $2.72, UTG calls.

Final Pot: $4.59

I have villain on a draw here with suited trash, or possibly an overpair to the board, or maybe A8 or K8. Basically, he has a very wide range. Am I good with this line or do I suck at poker?

I'm grateful for all Comments/Criticism.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: NL2 - 76o on Button against moron

Hero ($1.83)
Hero raises to $2.72

Thats some voodoo [censored] you got goin on
Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 AM

is this a real hand?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM

Hand validitiy debatable.

However, I dislike your preflop call. I'm not trying to bring you down, and I might be wrong, but IMO if you are asking questions whether this is a good play or not, you probably aren't 100% confident in your postflop play, and you need to pretty much be very aware of what you are doing, especially in a simple hand as described above, to play 76o profitably with 90BB stacks cold calling a UTG raise, whether he's a monkey or not.

As played, pretty standard. This flop was pretty much what you were hoping for, nice hand.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand validitiy debatable.

However, I dislike your preflop call. I'm not trying to bring you down, and I might be wrong, but IMO if you are asking questions whether this is a good play or not, you probably aren't 100% confident in your postflop play, and you need to pretty much be very aware of what you are doing, especially in a simple hand as described above, to play 76o profitably with 90BB stacks cold calling a UTG raise, whether he's a monkey or not.

As played, pretty standard. This flop was pretty much what you were hoping for, nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing not valid is the converter messed up the stack sizes. For some reason, the only stack size that's correct is villain's. Other than that, the hand is fine.

Anyway...I had been playing very TAG at this table (15/12 over the entire session). I like playing connecting cards with position so I decided to take a chance and switch things up a little. You might not like the call, but most flops don't hit most people's hands so why would it be any different here? I figured if villain is raising with suited trash or even a high PP and I nail the flop, I can double up. If I don't hit the flop and he c-bets, I can easily fold. Sure, I'm not 100% confident in my post flop play (in general...I'm getting better though), but in this hand I was thinking ahead as to what I'd do if I hit the flop hard or not at all. I think that's a fairly confident approach, don't you? Yes, this is exactly the flop I was looking for. However, villain raised with T9o and flopped the nuts. So much for nice hand [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

AC
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero ($1.83)
Hero raises to $2.72

Thats some voodoo [censored] you got goin on

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for noticing...

All...the converter messed up the stack sizes. The rest of the hand is fine.

AC