Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 03:30 AM

Default what\'s standard for AK here

New table, no reads.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2922471705: $11,000 Guarantee (Rebuy) (21777945), Table 1 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:21:48 ET - 2007/07/12
Player A: 19,050
Player B: 9,583
Player C: 3,435
Player D: 5,480
Player E: 16,407
Player F: 1,375
Hero: 12,870
Player G: 6,085
Player H: 5,425

Player F posts the small blind of 120
Hero posts the big blind of 240
Player E is the button

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ks Ah]
Player G has 15 seconds left to act
Player G raises to 600
Player H folds
Player A calls 600
Player B folds
Player C folds
Player D folds
Player E folds
Player F folds

Hero?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: what\'s standard for AK here

Hmm if it were me and maybe I play this all wrong I dont like a normal reraise OOP here especially if im dealing with a bunch of call stations because lets say I bump it up to 3k and get a caller and miss, i dont wana have to lead OOP with at least half my stack for a continuation bet. Im calling half the time and pushing half the time. I guess it depends on the players.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:03 AM

I always put in a sizable raise here.This time a big raise is even more important because of player A.I don't think he has a great hand since he didn't rr,but if G calls,you don't want A to tag along just because he's getting great odds.

Also,you are OOP,so you'd like to win the pot right here I'd think.

Make it 2500-3000,and call if anyone pushes.

If one or both calls,then it's time to re-evaluate.I'd probably push any flop if the shortstack calls,might reconsider if both or just bigstack calls though.

Honestly,I think you will see either fold or shove pre after your raise,so you won't have a post flop decision to make.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:19 AM

2500 to go. Call if OR shoves, throw up and fold if Cold caller reraises/shoves.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm [...] I dont like a normal reraise OOP here [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being oop here is the main reason for a substantial reraise. You want to end the hand right here - if possible - to avoid playing it oop against two opponents first-to-act in every subsequent betting-round. If you canīt end it you at least want to play it HU.

Being in position (letīs say on the button), facing a ep-raise and a cold-call, a call would be much better than here.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm [...] I dont like a normal reraise OOP here [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being oop here is the main reason for a substantial reraise. You want to end the hand right here - if possible - to avoid playing it oop against two opponents first-to-act in every subsequent betting-round. If you canīt end it you at least want to play it HU.

Being in position (letīs say on the button), facing a ep-raise and a cold-call, a call would be much better than here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya but if called were not deep enough to make a standard continuation bet without commiting ourself with a hand that hasnt hit. Hence villain could steal with a worse hand since hes in position. I think if were gonna reraise its a push. I dont like being OOP with a "drawing hand"

Also I dont mind a call here, its not commiting ourself to our hand and we can be sure if we get a lone A or K we are best. If not we can dump with no problem. Just dont get too attached to the hand.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[...]ya but if called were not deep enough to make a standard continuation bet without commiting ourself with a hand that hasnt hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? If we made it 2k to go and where called by one player, the pot had 4.9k and we still had 10k left? We could make a contibet of 3k and still wherenīt essentially commited as we would just get odds of 2:1 if Villain shoved - which we could easily fold ui. If only shorty called (Player G) I would directly shove any flop.

If we instead where called by both we could back off on the flop and let the hand go - if we didnīt hit.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 AM

How the hell are you OOP after a raiser can caller? Now get in there and bet 2400.