Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Default 200NL @ Foxwoods

Played this hand yesterday live at Foxwoods. I know theres a lot of different ways I could have approached this hand. What is the best line to extract the most money here? Thoughts appreciated on all streets.

I would give descriptions of opponents, but its live poker. Everybody hates to fold. That said, here's the hand.

I am in SB w/ $175, w/ JJ. 3 PF limpers to me. I make it $12 to go. All 3 call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( <font color="blue"> $48 </font> )

I am first to act and check, with the intentions of check raising. Next person bets $20. Folded around to me and I min-raise to $40. I never min-raise, but I don't want his TP to fold if I make it $60 or something. Online this would be transparent, but it doesn't matter at Foxwoods. He calls relatively quickly.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( <font color="blue">$128</font> )

In my mind, if I bet here it seems too strong. If I check behind and fire on the river, he can not possibly give me credit for having a jack (nevermind quads).

If he bets the turn, are we raising or just calling? If he checks behind, how much are you betting the river?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: 200NL @ Foxwoods

Well the raise to 12 preflop in a live 1/2 game accomplishes nothing besides building a pot. Need to make it 15 or higher if you want to get any folds. I don't mind the flop play as live players will never fold to a min-raise. I'd probably lead for 50-60 on turn in hopes of getting it in on the river. If villain has an A, we can only get his stack in by betting on the turn and getting him AI on river. If you check turn, he can possibly just call a bet on the river and won't get stacked.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: 200NL @ Foxwoods

To be honest, if I get everyone to fold around I am getting no action, which is not what I want to accomplish. If I raise it to 16-18 I am getting 0 or 1 callers. I don't want to raise it up that much with JJ OOP, but maybe someone can explain if this is good logic or bad.

I am ok with having 2-3 call and playing my hand according to the texture of the flop. I definetly like betting the turn the way you describe your line. If he is calling the flop with an Ace, he is most likely calling the other streets.

Thank you for insight