Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Prostate Problems?

My prostate has felt like it's being squeezed constantly, for the past several months. I'd say it's been about a year, and sometimes it becomes a hell of a lot more bothersome than other times. It feels like someone has put a cloth pin on the muscle that you feel when you piss, or definitely feel when you cut off pissing mid-stream.

Went to a Urologist. I took a piss test, and it kept coming back with small amounts of blood in my urine. Instead of giving me more tests, they just randomly put me on medications.

Cephalexin. Muscle relaxants. Antibiotics.

Nothing helped, then finally they gave me a Cytoscopy. Which wasn't that bad because they pumped me full of Vicodan (I think), and I was so out of it that my pants fell off while i was in the lobby.

She didn't say what it was, but only gave me alpha blockers (Flomax) which is used for Benign Prostatic Enlargement, and Prostatitis.

I'd be happy to know it's not cancer or anything, but I hope my doctor would be smart enough to check for that first... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Everything is working fine, I may add... It's just nagging the living hell out of me because it never goes away.
Prostatitis can be permanent, or so I've read so has anyone had any personal experiences with this sort of deal?

I'm 20, btw.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Prostate Problems?

I had prostititis many years ago. It definitely is treatable and can go away permanently. My very vague recollection is that I had it intermittently for a while before it disappeared altogether.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Well there are different kinds.

There's acute bacterial, which is short yet severe. Prostate pain accompanied with fevers, chills, etc.

There's chronic bacterial, which lasts a while, yet has the bacterial symptoms mentioned above.

There's non-bacterial, which doctors don't know the cause of. This technically has no cure, and I think I have this one because I don't have the bacterial symptoms accompanying my ailment.

Can you describe what yours felt like?
Mine feels very, very acute and localized. It's not a general discomfort, it feels like it's coming from one tiny spot.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 PM

It's been so long that I can't remember the symptoms reliably. I think it was treated with anti-biotics, though.

I don't remember the symptoms as being terribly severe. As best I can recall, it was more like a constant dull pressure from the general region. I do recall being worried at the time, though. Cancer did cross my mind, which I suppose is a common concern.