Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 PM

Default 5 players left, on the button with A/10 suited

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the right forum, there was two tables to begin with.

The table is very becoming very aggressive, I'm on the button with ace/ten suited. I'm the big stack with about 30 big blinds.

UTG with about 15 BB
UTG+1 with about 20 BB

UTG+1 raises to 5BB
I call
UTG looks stressed (not a good player, he was actually stressed). Thinks, thinks, moans, thinks, and calls.

Flop

A/7/5

UTG thinks. Sits around. Moves all in. I'm about 60% sure I have him beat but I feel it's possible he hit two pair. I know it's really his only move here with his ace.

UTG+1 gets up from his chair paces back and forth back and forth. He eventually folds with a speech.

Thoughts?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: 5 players left, on the button with A/10 suited

Can UTG be pushing on a draw? Not likely if the board
was rainbow. Feels like you're beat, save your chips for later.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: 5 players left, on the button with A/10 suited

Welcome to the forums!

Your preflop call was quite bad. Once you make the bad pf call then you are way to shallow to fold when you flop an ace. The fact that you are 60% sure that you are ahead and you only need to be ahead ~30% to make a call correct makes your flop decision trivially easy. The fact that you are considering a fold is further evidence that your pf play was lacking.

If your decision was marginal the payout structure (especially how many places pay out) would be a very important part of the analysis, this is for ICM reasons (read more about ICM atop the STT forum sticky.) It is also important to know the buyin, and if there were antes or not.

Also, you should make sure to read the FAQ sticky and the anthology sticky atop this page. Lastly, this hand belongs in the STT Strategy forum as they are better at ICM calculations than we are over here in MTT.

Steve