Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Multiway Pot Advice?

I've finally figured out my leak thanks to Pokey's old post on how to use PT to analyze my stats.

I'm doing really well in hu pots and blind steals, but my losses from multiway pots is costing me 18 bb / 100 hands. Some of that is variance as there are some big pots I remember losing when I had the best hand when the money went in, but most of it is from me overplaying my hands.

I tried playing fullring for a little while too which I was unsuccessful at, and thinking back to how I was playing, I think I was playing fairly well despite losing large multiway pots.

Are there any threads or advice about playing in multiway pots besides the basic stuff like don't overvalue top pair?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Multiway Pot Advice?

Try not to continuation bet unless you have reads on the villains and the board is super-dry (447 or 258r for example), don't try to push people off hands and don't get attached to top pair.

It's really all a feel thing. Also, don't call preflop with a bunch of marginal hands just because another person has called a raise before you. I have a feeling that might be a problem. Just a bunch of loose/passive calling pre and folding flop to slowly grind away your profits.

That's the only two things I can think of.