Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Anyone ever SURVIVE an audit at Full Tilt?

We hear about accounts at Full Tilt being audited and closed with some frequency.

Anyone been audited and restored?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything I'm just wondering.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Anyone ever SURVIVE an audit at Full Tilt?

I avoid audits and [censored] from customer service idiots by playing almost exclusively on Stars.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 PM

I avoid audits and [censored] from customer service idiots by playing almost exclusively on UB.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM

We had a player on here recently who had a HUGE run-around with UB. I think it was good2cu.

He was fortunate to even get his money back and it's very possible that it might not have happened were it not for the fact that he's reasonably well-known.

UB's cust-serv is probably a lot closer to FT's than it is to Stars.

To the original question though: FTPDoug helped out a couple of 2+2'ers who complained on here that they were getting the run-around.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Last summer I was only 20 and playing on FTP (That was illegal at the time) and I ended up winning one of the evening $26 tournaments. I tried cashing it all out at once and got a message saying I was being audited. About a week later they said everything was fine and I could have the cashout if I sent in a drivers license with proof of me being 21 and a utility bill proving my address was ligit.

I was living at college at the time so I didnt have a utility bill and I wasnt 21 so couldnt send in a license.

What I did was send in a copy of my college ID (which only has my name, picture and school name on it) I then send them a link to my schools website which confirmed the address on my account. I also sent in a copy of my credut card for no reason.

I got an email back saying everything I sent was ok and that I could cash out soon, but they still needed me to send in a drivers license because I "forgot" to send it in the 1st time.

I emailed them back saying I wouldnt have access to a scanner for a week or 2 and I would have to wait to send it in. They said that this was fine and they would wait. They never said that my account would remain closed nor did they say they were opening it now for me.

I didnt know what to do, but the next day I tried logging in to the site and it worked. I had access to everything. I made multiple cashouts this time and my account was not frozen. I continued to play and cashout with no problem at all. I Have since turned 21 and never once had to send in my licnese.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 AM

Bob,

UB is just incompetent.

FTP is run by a bunch of rigged scammers who won't let people win.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:23 AM

Thanks for reminding me again to cash out most of my FT money.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 AM

I had my account frozen with 25k in there, and about 5 other people in my chain.

Ftp doug helped us, I think only 1 of my friends still has his account frozen.Which he is working on getting open.

I continued to play on there with no other problems
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 AM

I had my account hacked and the money dumped, I emailed them and they closed it for an audit, after a few emails a week later it was open with an email telling me they are not responsible for my security and that nothing on their end looked like I was hacked so I was out $2200 and no HH's to see even what game this person dumped my chips on.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had my account hacked and the money dumped, I emailed them and they closed it for an audit, after a few emails a week later it was open with an email telling me they are not responsible for my security and that nothing on their end looked like I was hacked so I was out $2200 and no HH's to see even what game this person dumped my chips on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ug, not cool. If you don't mind sharing, do you have any idea how your account got hacked? I suggested in the PokerStars complaints thread that they implement an optional virtual keyboard for logon, this would help defend against keystroke loggers. I am surprised that none of the sites have done this yet given it would be relatively trivial to program and considering the large account balances many of their users have.