Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Default $5k Borgata Summer Open Hand

I'm down at the Borgata playing the main event ($5k) of their Summer Open. Yes, running a 5k event in Atlantic City while there is a circus of poker activity going on in Vegas is a bold move. However, this tournament has a sick structure.

We started with 50k in chips and 25/50 blinds. About an hour and a half into the tournament I have 48k in chips. I am probably viewed as a very tight player and have shown down one hand (KK) which I lost when some guy called my cbet on the flop with A high and spiked an ace on the turn.

50/100 Blinds

UTG+1 player makes it 275. He has been opening fairly regularly (more than anyone else) and he absolutely HATES to fold. I'm pretty sure that he would rather kill a family member than fold a hand. He has already made some ace high call downs (and a King high call down). He's probably 22, wearing sunglasses, a wpt shirt and looks like a complete douche. If this was all an act and he's a 2+2er, it was the biggest leveling of all time. He has about 42k in chips. A NYC regular I play with a lot calls, meaning he has any 2 cards. A tight player in the highjack calls. I look down at

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and make it 1300 total. Too small a reraise considering stack sizes?

Douche instacalls, NYC regular calls (he still has any 2 cards including 27), tighty calls (he apologized to me as he called). (As a side note, besides his actions at the poker table, douchebag mcgee is a pretty nice guy)

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I bet 3k. Correct bet size?

Douche calls, others insta fold.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Douche thinks forever and bets 2500. I?