Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 07:03 PM

Default flopped trips against a tilter

Live 12-24

UTG is an odd sort of player. He plays way too many hands PF, can overplay his hand sometimes post-flop, but can also be very weak-tight, especially on the river where he'll sometimes make very tight folds. He's a decent hand reader but a bit on the paranoid side.

Button can be a decent player, but he's tilting right now, leading him to play too many hands, go too far with them and be a little erratic. He's not an idiot, though, and he can still fold a hand post-flop, but usually not for one bet. I felt pretty confident that he would auto-bet the flop with anything.

PF Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, another bad player limps, coupla folds, Hero calls, Button raises, BB calls, everyone calls.

FWIW, I thought I picked up a telegraph that button was going to fold pf - whoops.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](5 players, 10 SB)
BB checks, UTG checks, limper checks, hero checks, button bets, BB folds, UTG check-raises, limper folds, hero cold-calls, button calls.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](5 players, 8 BB)
UTG bets, hero calls, button calls.

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](5 players, 11 BB)
UTG bets, hero raises, button 3-bets, UTG wonders aloud whether or not AT is any good and eventually folds, hero cries and calls.

I just called on the flop and turn because I wanted to keep button in, figuring that he would have 2 outs at max (excluding runner-runner outs), and also because I wasn't sure that I had UTG beat. On the river, I raised figuring that button wouldn't call one bet with overcards, but he might be tilting enough to call 2 with a big PP. Also, I knew that the clubs would scare UTG enough that wouldn't 3-bet unless he had a boat, and there was even a slim chance that he'd fold a better T (he's about the only player I'd even put on being able to make that laydown).

meh?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: flopped trips against a tilter

not raising either the flop or the turn makes me really sad
Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 PM

77 or 55?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:05 AM

The pot is already big from the preflop action. That flop has to get three bet after you checked the first time. On the turn you should raise to force the button to call two. Now that you have no idea where you are on the river I would probably just call the UTG bet.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:25 PM

Raise the turn and fold the river.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM

Yeah, I think I just got greedy on this hand and tried to slowplay when I really shouldn't have. Even if button is drawing thin, there's really no good second-best hand for him to make. Thanks for everyone's input.