Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 PM

Default QQ OTB ... 2-4

can I fold this turn after the action from my past two hand ... last two hand I had Jacks (in the small and big blind) - both times I fold do to really bad boards and action (AK mono vs a guy playing back at me per flop ... and the next AK vs a cap)
I only have 35HH on this guy but he has been aggressive (46/17/5.5 ... and getting lucky)

I've been pretty much getting hammered in this session (nothing working out ... I've been folding a lot, and am pretty sure I appear weak tight ... and figure this guy could be taking a shot at me)

6 handed
pre flop ... hero OTB w QcQd
1 fold, UTG1 raises, 1 fold, I 3Bet, blinds fold, UTG1 calls

flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG1 donks, I call

<font color="#666666">I call here to set up a raise on the turn</font>
Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG1 checks[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], I bet, UTG1 raises ... ughhh I call

<font color="#666666">I would normally fold here, this can't be good ... but I've been folding so often I figure I need to showdown </font>

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bet, call

comments
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: QQ OTB ... 2-4

First of all.. Change tables when you're getting hammered. Failing to do this is kinda like crawling up in fetal position and expecting to take a beating.

As for the hand.. When he screwplays that turn you're beat. If not by AK or AQ, then something like 88 or 66. The pot just isn't big enough to call it down given the line he has taken, so just fold and change tables.. You don't want people taking shots at you, and you don't want to feel like people are taking shots at you.

Oh and considering that he's been very aggressive in the small sample you have on him, I would probably check through on the turn, inducing a bluff from weaker hands and getting to showdown without having to face a raise. I just don't want to face a C/R from a tricky, aggressive type of player here.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 PM

First Raise the flop, you dont just 3 bet to call the flop. Given the way you played the hand, I just dont understand the UTG1s c/r, I mean If you are checking the flop he can maybe put you on Ako or something, so when he c/rs that turn he thinks he can beat ax?
This may seem weak tight, but if you feel they are taking shots at you or whatever, checking behind this turn and calling a non k river bet seems fine. It gets you to sd, lets you note them for future plays and may present an image.
Calling the turn c/r is somewhat decent if you feel they are taking lots of shots at you, but that K was terrible, I prob fold to a river bet, as you are only beating a stone cold bluff.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all.. Change tables when you're getting hammered. Failing to do this is kinda like crawling up in fetal position and expecting to take a beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advice ... I 'stick with it' too much ... which leads to -EV 'feelings'

I'll learn to dump the session more
Old 10-11-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advice ... I 'stick with it' too much ... which leads to -EV 'feelings'

I'll learn to dump the session more

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes very good advice Moss.