Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Default A situation I\'ve never seen before

UTG limps, MP1 announces raise and throws six chips into the pot. sb completes, and BB checks (not calling the raise). The dealer starts to deal the flop but before he spreads it MP1 says "thye didn't call" and the dealer says "yes they did" and then spreads the flop.

Sb checks, BB checks UTG checks, MP1 bets. No one calls, but the dealer turns and burns fourth street anyway. All hell breaks loose when PFR counts the pot and realizes that no one put in the PFR chips or the flop bet chips.

Guess what the ruling was. It involved 3 floormen!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: A situation I\'ve never seen before

Holy cow, this should be a good one! I can't wait to hear the outcome.

Had this dealer ever dealt or even played cards before?!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Turn card should be set aside, action completed, new turn card dealt, original turn card shuffled back into the deck, action continues.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:51 PM

with how crazy that was. My guess is the dealer had to match the pot out of their tips.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM

What was described is that the pre-flop action was never completed so the only card that was handled correctly was the 1st burn card. I would have had the dealer:
1. take back all board cards including the 2nd burn card
2. Complete the pre-flop action
then
3. shuffle, no burn, put out the flop.
and complete the hand normally from here

Then tell the dealer to come see me when he gets pushed. (kitn)
Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Dealer should not be allowed to deal to her husband who is MP1, since she never pays attention to anything he does or says.

Flop was not proper, nor is the turn.
Everybody gets money back, a misdeal. No drop the next two hands.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 PM

results:
Floorman 1 says that nothing at all can be done and that the hand should just continue as is.
PFR is going apeshit and wants another ruling.
Floorman 2 comes in and rules that the 3 hands besides the PFR should be dead
obv the other hands are pissed about this, so floorman 3 is called over. He's the big cheese.
The big cheese rules that the PFR gets to take his PF raise from the pot, and that action will continue as is.

The WHOLE TIME, the dealer was [censored] lying to the floormen and so many people were talking at once that the floormen probably never really understood exactly what happened.

This has to be one of the worst dealer errors I have ever heard of. Considering that PFR tried to correct the action before the flop was dealt and the the dealer simply would not listen, I really believe that dealer deserves a suspension AT MINUMUM, and effective immediately after his push.

I understand making a blunder. I even understand making a compound bluster. But HOW IN THE HELL can you make 2 back to back blunders in spite of the fact that you are being told about the blunder while you are making it. I was utterly in awe.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
But HOW IN THE HELL can you make 2 back to back blunders in spite of the fact that you are being told about the blunder while you are making it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen this with new dealers, everyone at the table trys to tell them what to do and they get so screwed up,they absolutely melt down and can't do anything. It is like a giant snowball heading south and it just keeps going south.

I have seen it with experienced dealers also. They make a mistake and it just goes to hell in a hand basket, it is just human error.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The WHOLE TIME, the dealer was [censored] lying to the floormen and so many people were talking at once that the floormen probably never really understood exactly what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the part that gets me the maddest. People are human and they are going to make mistakes. But when they are not accountable then this crap will happen over and over again.

The ruling was awful IMO probably a result of the above lying. I don't think anybody should get a free ride on this hand. PFR gets penalized and he is the only one who tried to correct the situation.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that PFR tried to correct the action before the flop was dealt

[/ QUOTE ]

And no one thought to call the floor at this point because........