Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Default 5/10 150bb deep, Cold or Bad call?

Hey. Hand here is against a guy I know very little about. Semi-solid game, but somewhat of a loose cannon, randomly though.

blazinazn69 is at seat 1 with $2843.80.
Rollover2k is at seat 3 with $1357.
The button is at seat 3.

Rollover2k posts the small blind of $5.
blazinazn69 posts the big blind of $10.

blazinazn69: -- -- -- --
Rollover2k: Ts 9h 8s Th

Pre-flop:

Rollover2k raises to $30. blazinazn69 re-raises to
$90. Rollover2k calls.

Flop (board: 9s Qh Jd):

blazinazn69 bets $180. Rollover2k calls.

Turn (board: 9s Qh Jd 5d):

blazinazn69 checks. Rollover2k bets $350.
blazinazn69 raises to $1590. Rollover2k?

Question is, can I save money by playing the turn differently. Is a fold in order for last 700? Sometimes I would fold as this lead, check-raise turn line is usually strong, but he had also played this hand earlier.

Earlier Pot

Results in link below..... please respond first

Pot #2

Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 5/10 150bb deep, Cold or Bad call?

I just lead the turn, really don't like the c/r.

No way in hell I fold this turn.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM

I don't fold the turn, I bet it perhaps a little more than you and call all-in. With two tens in your hand it's considerably less likely you're up against the nuts, and even if you are you can split with a king. This looks like two pair or a set that's picked up a diamond draw on the turn, and sometimes just the same straight as you. KT also turns up less than other combinations in preflop 3-betting OOP ranges. All this turns it into a call and it not even being very close.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't fold the turn, I bet it perhaps a little more than you and call all-in. With two tens in your hand it's considerably less likely you're up against the nuts, and even if you are you can split with a king. This looks like two pair or a set that's picked up a diamond draw on the turn, and sometimes just the same straight as you. KT also turns up less than other combinations in preflop 3-betting OOP ranges. All this turns it into a call and it not even being very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's probably a flopped 2-pair or set that picked up diamonds on the turn. However, I do hate having my pants played off me and calling villain K10 here. I probably bet pot on turn and make the crying call to the raise. I'm excited to check what he had.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 AM

Yeah, if villain's prone to making crazy moves occasionally, you definitely have to call this. It will be the nuts quite a bit, but occasionally, he'll have a draw and just decide to go after it because of your bet-size. It could even be something like top set that he's trying to get in with for value. Given the pot odds you're getting with only $700 left, a call looks mandatory. If you were really deep, I could see a fold though.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 AM

agree with other posters here - its a strange way to play KT (although its a move i might make with bare KT on the flop that just turned a diamond draw). i think you have to make the call and if hes got it hes perhaps not so crazy....

Edit: didnt see you had a link to the results till after i posted, if only i was this good in actual play [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM

I think you probably need to get it in here, as he could be doing this with a set/FD or two pair/FD often, and you have two blocker Tens so it's a cooler when he has KTxx. Then again, in accordance with your earlier hand, I would get concerned when he's willing to get it AI on the flop with top pair seven kicker but plays this hand/board tricky.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM

ugh, i had the feeling you were getting check raised on the turn.

i check behind in these spots sometimes and this would be one of them. villan could have a lot of buisness in this pot with a set or flush draw. the pot is already some what big. a bet here could get things going toward the committed side with one card to come. i want to make sure river is a complete brick before i decide to put more money in.

i excersise "pot control" in this spot and check behind. i think there is better situations to push edges. hero's hand is completely naked......and could possibly be already drawing dead.

i checked behind in a similar circumstance the other night and got an extra 46bb's because villan bet-bluffed into me on river with king high.

i'm all for betting and being aggressive, espeacially on the turn.......but not in this spot, but thats just me.

i find when i bet these spots and get raised, its usually when my game is off or i'm tired or a little bit frustrated.

op, did you happen to be any one of these 3 things?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM

omg, i saw the results. he had it all.

i check behind on turn, river is a brick, villan will definately bet because he has the nuts......still.........and i snap call...........but dont go broke.

the hand was played very poorly by the villan in my opinion. unless op was slightly tilty and villan knew this, but op's turn bet made villan look like a stone cold genius but i totally disagree........unless villan knew op was tilty.

op, were you tilty at the time?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:35 PM

Good post.

No not tilty at all though.

Seems the debate here is where to get it in. We all agree its not a fold. But it may be better to try and brick out, then call push.