Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 AM

Default C-bet in multi-way pot?

Not used to seeing this many to the flop, do you c-bet?

If so please state your reasons.

No reads as I just sat down.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: C-bet in multi-way pot?

Looks like the kinda board to do it on.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 AM

It's close but I would probably c-bet this. Having the A of clubs really helps and by betting you could eliminate some players so you gain equity to win a nice big pot.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 AM

With 3 players left to act, checking and seeing what happens seems OK to me. A jack is a pretty popular card to play.

Most people have a burning desire to bet with AK. A pair of 2s beats AK.

If there's a Jack out there or a pocket pair lower than Kings you have 6 outs and are 25% to come in with two cards to come. If someone has AJ you have 3 outs and are 12% to come in by the river.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 AM

I think we are drawing here and you won't fold a better hand on this flop. Made hands and 4 flushes won't go anywhere and we dominate all single club hands. Check and evaluate when it comes back to you.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 AM

I think this is a good time to check. We have several players that could raise our bet, costing us an extra SB to see the turn, where we plan to check/fold most of the time. I'd rather see the turn for 1 SB so I can check/fold it.

However, betting is not out of the question. We have the backdoor nut flush draw and the nut non-pair hand. The flop only contains two cards: a jack and a 4. I think there stands a pretty good chance that no one has a J. However, I'm sure one of these coldcallers has some 77 type hand, and those hands aren't folding. So I think it's best to check in this instance. If you had only 2 opponents I would bet.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 AM

Easy check-fold. I dont like c-bet OOP at a multiway pot. If you take a look at the PF play, u will se that anyone can have AJ, KJ and QJ.

I was had reraise more preflop, trying to get HU or take the pot down right here.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy check-fold. I dont like c-bet OOP at a multiway pot. If you take a look at the PF play, u will se that anyone can have AJ, KJ and QJ.

I was had reraise more preflop, trying to get HU or take the pot down right here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You check and it's one bet back to you, what odds are you getting and how many outs do you estimate you have on average?
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM

There's hardly any logic to check/folding this flop. This ain't no-limit!