Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Statement that pissed me off

Cliff notes at bottom

So I was at a get together with some friends and some people who are friends of friends I hadn't known to well. Probably 12 people their drinking, my friend luckboxing on party poker (won $45o out of a $50 deposit) and a few people watching, a couple people playing xbox 360, moslty just talking about what we should do that night. Everyone here is between 16-18, mostly 18.

I mention to a buddy of mine that we should get an 1/8 of kb, and some chick that dated a friend of friend (currently with a beer in her hand for maximum irony and stupidity) that she thinks it's real stupid to smoke weed and that she has never and never will do any drug in her life. I had my beer goggles on she looked pretty good (sh'se not to good looking with the exception of a big rack and shes not wearing a bra, she also had some decent cleavage going + a few beers in my system) and I was in a good mood at the time, so I just asked her how many people have ODed from smoking weed, and how many people die from alcohol poisoning, which is pretty much my standard response to any hypocrits of this type. She pretty much just shrugged about it and changed the topic rb/c she realized she didn't have any clue what she was talking about. At the time I really didn't care and we moved past it.

That was last night, and today thinking about her percieved superiority really annoyed me. It didn't really have much to do about her knocking weed, I don't care, I'm no pothead I just smoke from time to time. It really bothered me though today.

Am I the only one that thinks weed gets way to bad of a reputation? Alcohol is much more addicting then weed (not near as many people going to rehab for smoking weed as there is people going to AA). I realize that this has to do with the illegal factor of marijuana, it's perception as a gateway drug, and the war on drugs, but I just kinda doubted that teenagers and upperclassman in highschool and anyone in college would actually give a damn about any of those things.

I realize I'm not really asking anything, so I guess all ask a few general questions- Why is marijuana illegal at any age, and drinking legal for 21+ (your thoughts on why, I know it's not really black and white) Why does the government and non-governmental groups spend so much time, energy, and money slamming marijuanna, as opposed to alcohol (I realize there are also groups against alcohol, however they are in much smaller numbers)? Or am I missing something about weed that is really really evil that alcohol doesn't have? Also, I think part of my anger today towards that statement comes from that fact that her little declaration about marijuanna was filled with moral superiority and percieved knowledge of the issue at hand, when she really had niether. This was something she continued to display later on in the night, acting as if she was better then others and what not I'm sure you know the type. Or maybe I'm just mad I didn't [censored] her, but I doubt it, I don't end up really annoyed at people b/c I havn't [censored] them.

Cliff notes-
at a friends house with some friends and we're drinking
when talking about what we should do I suggest getting some weed
Some dumb bitch with a beer in her hand says smoking weed is dumb and bad and she'll never do a drug.
I ask her how many people OD on pot as compared to alcohol
Although I didn't care at the time, the next day thinking about her percieved superiority when she was retarded annoyed me, and I'm wondering why people knock weed yet endorse drinking.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Statement that pissed me off

Everyone has different views on things that intoxicate you, everyone thinks their opinion is right. Accept that and dont try and change anyones opinion in a social setting and you'll be a lot happier.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:42 AM

and
Old 08-13-2006, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone has different views on things that intoxicate you, everyone thinks their opinion is right. Accept that and dont try and change anyones opinion in a social setting and you'll be a lot happier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I know that it's not like I got in a debate about it. Just made my point, didn't do it in a confrontatial way, just smiled and said it and we moved on. I am a person that likes to debate and argue, however I kept that part of me in check, b/c at the time I was more concerned about getting laid and/or having fun. I was't so much trying to change her view as much as give a rhetorical question that she could think about the merits of her view
Old 08-13-2006, 03:12 AM

They should reopen the politics forum if only to keep people like you from needlessly searching for arguments in person.

EDIT: wording
Old 08-13-2006, 03:21 AM

It's annoying, but just let it slide. I remember asking one girl if she wanted a hit, and she responded, "No thanks, I like my brain cells."
Old 08-13-2006, 03:30 AM

Reasons why I dislike weed/prefer alcohol:

1. I hate the smell of weed.
2. That retarded half grin/eyes glazed over look high people get. People can disguise drunk if they have to; everyone I've seen who smokes gets this face and I want to slap them.
3. High people eat all the [censored] snack food.
4. Drunk people can at least be entertaining. Weed might be social when you are actually doing the smoking, but once you are high most people I know (and in my experience the few times I've smoked) prefer to just sit around and talk about "how cool everything looks" before they pass out in their pile of smashed pringles in the corner of a room. High people are not fun to be around.
5. The stories after a night of smoking are nowhere near as good as the stories after a night of drinking.
6. Hooking up with girls with zero effort is easy if they are drunk. I doubt this is as easy if they are high since all they can think about is food.
7. The penalties for getting caught with weed suck compared to the legality of drinking.
8. It smells bad.
9. The potheads who actually think it is harmless. The stupidity here astounds me. They actually think inhaling smoke and regularly altering their state of mind will do them no damage.
10. It smells bad.
11. It will get into the ventilation system of your dorms causing the whole floor to smell terribly even if you do it in your own room.
12. I actually know the concentration of the stuff I am drinking.
13. It smells bad.

Cliffs Notes: It smells bad and high people act retarded in a non-entertaining way that is really irritating.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:35 AM

Love this coming from NozeCandy.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2006, 03:45 AM

NozeCandy,
Whoa man, you need to like chill out and take the edge off. Maybe we could toke up some doobies and eat some pringles.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reasons why I dislike weed/prefer alcohol:

1. I hate the smell of weed.
2. That retarded half grin/eyes glazed over look high people get. People can disguise drunk if they have to; everyone I've seen who smokes gets this face and I want to slap them.
3. High people eat all the [censored] snack food.
4. Drunk people can at least be entertaining. Weed might be social when you are actually doing the smoking, but once you are high most people I know (and in my experience the few times I've smoked) prefer to just sit around and talk about "how cool everything looks" before they pass out in their pile of smashed pringles in the corner of a room. High people are not fun to be around.
5. The stories after a night of smoking are nowhere near as good as the stories after a night of drinking.
6. Hooking up with girls with zero effort is easy if they are drunk. I doubt this is as easy if they are high since all they can think about is food.
7. The penalties for getting caught with weed suck compared to the legality of drinking.
8. It smells bad.
9. The potheads who actually think it is harmless. The stupidity here astounds me. They actually think inhaling smoke and regularly altering their state of mind will do them no damage.
10. It smells bad.
11. It will get into the ventilation system of your dorms causing the whole floor to smell terribly even if you do it in your own room.
12. I actually know the concentration of the stuff I am drinking.
13. It smells bad.

Cliffs Notes: It smells bad and high people act retarded in a non-entertaining way that is really irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I love the smell of weed.
2. LOL @ drunk people trying to act sober.
3. Beer munchies >> weed munchies.
4. People that 'prefer to just sit around and talk about "how cool everything looks"' are douchebags. Marijuana has nothing to do with the douchebaginess of your friends.
5. Can't argue with this.
6. Blazing and having sex is a good combo, you should try it sometime.
7. Again, more douchebags. This time politicians.
8. It smells good.
9. Neither weed nor alcohol are anywhere close to harmless.
10. Did I mention I like the smell of weed?
11. LOL @ dorms.
12. WTF does that have to do with anything.
13. You probably think it smells so bad because most of the weed you been around is of poor quality.