UTG+1: t6649
MP1: t3805
MP2: t9096
BALTOSTAR: t14902
CO: t8540
Button: t42582
SB: t15167
BB: t17156

Pre-flop: (9 players) BALTOSTAR is MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, BALTOSTAR calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1050)</font>, CO folds, Button calls t400 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1450)</font>, SB calls t200 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t1850)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t2050, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets t777</font>, BB folds, BALTOSTAR
Old 09-09-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: $750K : M=14 : oesd + pp on fully connected board

Why do you constantly minraise and limp?

Stop

Raise preflop. As played, just fold imo.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke.. fold is by far the worst option on the flop.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is leading into 3 people on that board where we have 10 outs at very best (read: rarely), often fewer, and often only 4 clean outs.

I see nothing wrong with folding here.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, IMO limping a small pp is seldom a terrible play. I am not antilimping like some here, and I think limping may be better than raising here.

Secondly, I would fold the flop. You have a pair and an OESD, but your hand is not good multiway.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First of all, IMO limping a small pp is seldom a terrible play. I am not antilimping like some here, and I think limping may be better than raising here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in general that open-limping small PP isn't terrible, but from HJ, I open-raise every hand I want to play. As played, fold the flop...
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree in general that open-limping small PP isn't terrible, but from HJ, I open-raise every hand I want to play. As played, fold the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]
If you open raise, what do you do to a reraise? Isn't there some advantage to limping when a resteal puts you in a bad situation.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you open raise, what do you do to a reraise? Isn't there some advantage to limping when a resteal puts you in a bad situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could easily fold to a re-raise, but my decision to open-raise depends on whether opponents CO-&gt;BB are re-steal-happy or not. If they are aggressive, I'd rather fold a small PP here than open-limping.

To turn things around, what do you do if someone raises your limp to say 1600? Calling a raise for set value is not really good with these stack sizes. And what flop textures do you hope for when you open-limp and likely to create a multiway flop? Re-stealing is getting more and more common, but you'll still take down the pot quite often by simply open-raising.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could easily fold to a re-raise, but my decision to open-raise depends on whether opponents CO-&gt;BB are re-steal-happy or not. If they are aggressive, I'd rather fold a small PP here than open-limping.

To turn things around, what do you do if someone raises your limp to say 1600? Calling a raise for set value is not really good with these stack sizes. And what flop textures do you hope for when you open-limp and likely to create a multiway flop? Re-stealing is getting more and more common, but you'll still take down the pot quite often by simply open-raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, I would usually raise here, but I don't think the limp is bad.

If you limp and get raised, you can fold cheaply, push as a semibluff, or see a flop. If you flat call, obviously you can't always fold if you miss a set. If you limp and get raised, you have 3 reasonable options, so this is not a bad situation.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 AM

Please raise preflop....you have a nice stack, good position, and a pair. I would never play so passively in this spot.