Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 09:58 AM

Default $200 Live NL - KK vs flop raise

I posted this in the small stakes section but didn't get many responses. Someone suggested I post it here. Would really appreciate some feedback as I can't seem to convince myself if I played this correctly or incredibly poorly.

Live 10-handed $1-$2 NL game

First, my apologies if this post isn't formatted correctly. I don't post here very often, but I lurk a lot.

My first time playing at this game. I know two people, neither of whom were involved in the hand. I had been playing for about 4 hours and was up about $150 by playing tightly and winning most hands on the flop or by re-raising pre-flop after someone raised and a bunch called. I had not shown down a hand all night but I revealed a flopped boat one time when I got no action.

One of the guys who knew me knew that I was a tight player and had made a couple of comments during the game about how he won't play in a pot that I am involved in.

The rest of the table is very loose pre-flop and usually passive after the flop. Usually 4 to 5 players see the flop on every hand, whether it is raised or not.

The Button is the villain in this hand. I had seen him bluff a flop and turn against his roommate, chatting it up the whole time. Other than that, he seemed like a typical player at this table. Calls a lot pre-flop, then calls or folds a lot afterwards. I haven't seen him (or anyone for that matter) play aggressively with a draw, but again, this is my first time playing with these people.

UTG folds
EP limper (about $150) calls
HERO (about $450) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="red"> raises to $12 </font>
one fold
MP (about $150) calls $12
two folds
BTN - villian (a little over $200) <font color="red"> calls $12 </font>
Blinds fold
EP limper calls

Flop comes
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

$51 pot

EP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets $40 </font>, MP folds, <font color="red"> BTN raises to $100 </font>, EP folds

Is this an easy fold?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: $200 Live NL - KK vs flop raise

shove its live.