Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Stars 25NL: How did I play theses hands???

Man tonight was an awful night. I think I got unlucky all night long and dropped a handful of buy-ins.

HAND 1

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($26.60)
SB ($24.75)
Hero ($28.05)
UTG ($26.20)
MP ($13.95)
CO ($66.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, MP calls $1.

Turn: ($2.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP calls $2.

River: ($6.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, Hero ????

<font color="purple"> I pretty much have to call here right? 5 bucks more in a $23 dollar pot and I do have 2 pair. </font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Jh (two pair, kings and jacks).
MP has Qc Ac (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP wins $28. Hero wins $14.10. </font>

HAND 2

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($25.30)
BB ($83.55)
Hero ($29.40)
MP ($9.65)
CO ($26.55)
Button ($34.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($18.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

<font color="purple"> At this point villain had stats like 16/10. So he was reasonably tight and he called my c-bet on the flop. I don't think he has to have the K here, maybe a PP as well. I'm not sure as to what to do so I check.

He bets $5 on the turn which looks really small to me. He could have the K and is trying to get me to raise. It could mean that he has a lower PP. I think about raising but just call and planned to reevaluate on the river.
</font>

River: ($28.35) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?????

<font color="purple"> This seems like a harmless enough card, but at this point I just want to get to showdown. There is more money in the pot then my stack. I thought about pushing but I chicken out. I check just wanting to get to showdown and he pushes, WTF, now I have no idea what to do. </font>

Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins $49.30. </font>

HAND 3:

Button ($24.30)
SB ($49.30)
BB ($25.60)
UTG ($7.05)
MP ($17.80)
Hero ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($8.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $13.8</font>, Hero ???

<font color="purple"> This guy is pretty tight. I figured a C-bet will take it down but he pushes. Again it's just not my night. It's only about 8 bucks more to call in a $28 pot.

Do I make the crying call anticipating that I'm behind or can I reasonably make the fold?
</font>

HAND 4:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($23.10)
SB ($21.35)
BB ($39.45)
Hero ($41.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $20.35</font>, Hero ???

<font color="purple"> I guess it's push into me night as It keeps happening to me. Top pair and the nut flush draw, I assume this is an easy call if you don't mind a little gambol? </font>

Hero has Ac 5c (one pair, aces).
SB has 6s Ad (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: SB wins $43.95. </font>

HAND 5

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($25.65)
BB ($37.20)
UTG ($14.15)
MP ($9.15)
Hero ($26)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="purple"> This guy is pretty tight and I wanted to get some value out of my hand. I figured if he had nothing he'd just fold to a c-bet as usual so I checking hoping it'd catch up or try to bluff to turn.</font>

Turn: ($2.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $35.95</font>, Hero????

<font color="purple"> I got him to lead the turn on a seemingly safe card. I raise and he goes all in. ARGH, is he bluffing!?!?! Did he try to check/raise the flop as i c-bet like 95% of the time and my checking foiled his plans?

When I just started learning and reading these forums I remember reading never fold a full house at 25NL, but this overbet just has to be a K right? Could he be pushing with JJ or TT?

I'm all confused now, he's showing massive strength but I do have QQ for the full house. Only AA, Kx or 5x beats me now. That's not many hands at all and if he holds a lower PP i have him basically drawing dead.</font>

BB has Kc Tc (full house, fives full of kings).
Hero has Qh Qd (full house, fives full of queens).
Outcome: BB wins $63.55. </font>
Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Stars 25NL: How did I play theses hands???

Hand 1: I don't like your river bet. That was a really really scary card, and villain looks like he's drawing. I think you should have gone with check/call.

Hand 2: I don't like calling here OOP too much. I either fold or 4bet probably. Given that he's 16/10... meh... I might fold. I like your donk on flop, this was nice, however, after he calls, we are pretty much done with the hand IMO. I don't think you are beating anything he is calling flop with and betting turn. I mean, AQs/AJs, etc aren't going to call flop, there are no flush draws. Let's say he's floating flop with TT and JJ, I doubt he is betting those on turn. I think he'll just check behind to try to get to cheap SD. IMO, homeboy bet 5 to try and drag you in. If he makes any significant bet, you fold. If he makes 5, you go "meh, weak, only $5." and call. Then on river, he shoves, and you are like "Hrm... only 20 into $50 pot... hrm..." I think his mistake was betting too much on river. I'd just bet 10 if I was him. But yeah, you are beat here like always.

Hand 3: I think he is doing this with a lot of drawing hands. A set, some weird combo draw that he hit with his SC, or 2pair, whatever. I think this is fold. Depending on read on villain, I'd probably fold something like QQ with no spade here too.

Hand 4: I shove here. We got TP + NFD. Yeah. I like shoving.

Hand 5: Umm. I lean towards cbetting, but I guess checking behind is a good option too. I don't know, I'm really aggro on flop. I don't believe in that check behind and see what happens stuff. That's how people end up with like 3/1.5/1 post flop aggro factors. I like sticking with the bet until they resist line.

Seeing that you checked flop, I think I prefer just calling on turn. I doubt he's going to call you with something you have beat. And we want to get to SD at this point, since we got SD value, he most likely doesn't have a 5, and could be bluffing here with a lower pocket pair. As played, gotta fold to this 3bet.

In addition, It's in the sticky, but posting 1 hand at a time would be a lot better than posting 5 at a time. You are going to get more responses. A lot of people, myself included, respond while playing, and I think trying to get through 5 hands is a bit too much at times. Unless they are related, as in similar situations, I'd just make 5 new threads.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Stars 25NL: How did I play theses hands???

thanks for the reply mookboi. It's 2:30AM here so i'm going to re-read your responses again in the morning when i'm not so tired and think about what you are saying some more before giving more thoughts on the hands. I just wanted to say thanks now before i forget [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also sorry about putting all the hands in one thread. It seemed like it would keep the boards less cluttered by doing this way. I'll keep it in mind for the next time.