Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 10:27 PM

Default 2 hands played. Would like your comments.

Your comments on any aspect of these two hands will be appreciated as always. I think I made some mistakes with them lets see if you think so.

Both hands are shorthanded. I am trying to improve my play shorthanded both pre and post flop.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Is this OK to cold call (6 handed) or should I have raised or folded it?

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.
I probably should fold this flop huh?

Turn: (5.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.
This is a righteous call right?

River: (7.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.
I raise here of course?

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.
OK to complete here (5 handed) or would you raise it? Fold it?

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.
Bet out the flop OK?

Turn: (2.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.
3 bet OK? Call the cap OK?

River: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Check call after the turn cap OK?

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 12-26-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 2 hands played. Would like your comments.

Dont know much about PF shorthanded. But I think you played both hands perfectly.
Hand 1: The flop call isnt even close. You also have the backdoor flush draw which you eventually hit. Clear raise on the river.
Hand 2: I think the turn 3-bet/call down play is fine.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:07 PM

Hand 1: I 3bet pf, then play the same
Hand 2: I'd raise pf, without a read on the bb, I'd probably just call down from the turn raise just to avoid how your hand played out.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: The flop call isnt even close. You also have the backdoor flush draw which you eventually hit. ne.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying its a fold?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:45 PM

Damn. I guess I have to refresh my English skills a bit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Its a clear call IMO.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 AM

Hand 1

Pre-flop: in a shorthanded game the raise from CO could be pretty loose. I think a strong case could be made for 3-betting.

Flop: You have four outs to the straight, call it two outs for an ace and an out for the nut backdoor flush draw. The cause for concern is what happens if one of the blinds raises - are you prepared for that? Even with two to act behind you I think you can peel getting 9:1 since your implied odds look pretty good if you hit.

Turn: You have at least twelve or thirteen outs now. Pretty easy call.

River: Yes, villain could have a boat. Raise anyway. (hypothetical since it didn't happen) Cap a 3-bet since he'll 3-bet with trips and you'll be closing the action. In a game where more than three raises are allowed you'd have to think about the fourth bet.

Hand 2

Pre-flop: I'm no shorthanded master but it sure seems to me that you need to raise that puppy. If you're going to be out of position at least try to knock BB out and get it heads up. The UTG limp is weak sauce and should be punished.

Flop: Unless you have some sort of homicidal mania against kittens you'd better lead out here. There's no comceivable reason to slowplay.

Turn: Well, maybe you should tell us what you think villain is on. A slowplayed set (most likely 3's as UTG should have raised TT or 99) or a completed straight with QJ are possibilities, but so is K9 or KJ in an aggro shorthanded game. Call the cap and check-call the river as you did. By the way, I disagree with ckmo - a 3-bet here on the turn is a must with top two pair. Most villains would raise as little as a bare king here. Certainly you're ahead of K9 or KJ, which would also raise. It's not until the cap that you have to start worrying.

River: Like I said, check-call should be fine.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: I'd raise pf, without a read on the bb, I'd probably just call down from the turn raise just to avoid how your hand played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. Just because you don't want to get capped doesn't mean you shouldn't 3bet.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:31 PM

HAND 1: When I play SH, I'm pretty much a 3-bet or fold guy, especially in position. The call isn't horrible since it's suited and plays well if you let in the blinds, but I'd prefer to isolate the guy coming with what could be a lot of worse hands than yours at 6max.

You can slimly call that flop assuming your ace might be good 1/3 times for a total of 5 outs. You'll often make an extra bet if you hit broadway too for implied.

Turn: Hand got even better. Easy call. A fold would be terrible.

River: good

HAND 2: Probably raise pf. Something I need to work on from the blinds w/ suited broadways when weak limpers enter the pot. I believe the premise is if we think we are more likely ahead of the limper with our hand, then we should raise. I'm not sure if that is changed because it increases the odds for the BB to call, but our hand plays well with a lot of people again, so we should probably exploit our edge so far as we have it preflop here.

Flop: Absolutely bet. I would do the same on the turn, but would be wary of a set of 3s after he caps. I'm trying to only put in one bet on the river UI. Villain could have flopped or just completed two pair also, which we have beaten.

I like the river.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1

Pre-flop: in a shorthanded game the raise from CO could be pretty loose. I think a strong case could be made for 3-betting.

Flop: You have four outs to the straight, call it two outs for an ace and an out for the nut backdoor flush draw. The cause for concern is what happens if one of the blinds raises - are you prepared for that? Even with two to act behind you I think you can peel getting 9:1 since your implied odds look pretty good if you hit.

Turn: You have at least twelve or thirteen outs now. Pretty easy call.

River: Yes, villain could have a boat. Raise anyway. (hypothetical since it didn't happen) Cap a 3-bet since he'll 3-bet with trips and you'll be closing the action. In a game where more than three raises are allowed you'd have to think about the fourth bet.

Hand 2

Pre-flop: I'm no shorthanded master but it sure seems to me that you need to raise that puppy. If you're going to be out of position at least try to knock BB out and get it heads up. The UTG limp is weak sauce and should be punished.

Flop: Unless you have some sort of homicidal mania against kittens you'd better lead out here. There's no comceivable reason to slowplay.

Turn: Well, maybe you should tell us what you think villain is on. A slowplayed set (most likely 3's as UTG should have raised TT or 99) or a completed straight with QJ are possibilities, but so is K9 or KJ in an aggro shorthanded game. Call the cap and check-call the river as you did. By the way, I disagree with ckmo - a 3-bet here on the turn is a must with top two pair. Most villains would raise as little as a bare king here. Certainly you're ahead of K9 or KJ, which would also raise. It's not until the cap that you have to start worrying.

River: Like I said, check-call should be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree w/ all except I have a homocidal mania against kittens.