Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Flop decision

I've seen this guy raise 8To on the button after a middle position player limped in. He then bet the flop and called down every street with middle pair 8s. Raise or just call this flop?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...
Old 10-21-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Flop decision

call
Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 PM

Call. The pot is small and I don't think raising really clears any outs. A better Q isn't folding, and you could easily be behind to SB's T or J already.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:42 PM

With position this is an easy raise for me. If its raised at all behind me i'm 3betting to get more cash in the pot.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:13 PM

hmm I think this post brings up one of the issues I've been thinking about lately. It's a small pot, 5:1 on a call. Do we invest 5:2 = 2.5:1 on a draw that will hit (8+1.5=9.5 outs =) 4:1. So we'd be investing almost twice as much.

Given this, I don't think we need to raise to protect. We want people to call behind us.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm I think this post brings up one of the issues I've been thinking about lately. It's a small pot, 5:1 on a call. Do we invest 5:2 = 2.5:1 on a draw that will hit (8+1.5=9.5 outs =) 4:1. So we'd be investing almost twice as much.

Given this, I don't think we need to raise to protect. We want people to call behind us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, the raise would not be for protection but to pad the pot (in LP) Raising in our position though will likely knock out one or two players behind us who we want to stay in if we hit our draw.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, the raise would not be for protection but to pad the pot (in LP) Raising in our position though will likely knock out one or two players behind us who we want to stay in if we hit our draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. You want to pad the pot, but you would go about doing this by making a play(raising) that is likely to knock out players behind us who could potentially pad the pot?

Also with the two players left behind us we don't really have position in this situation, only on the bettor. Which is why I would call here.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your first reply, and you are just saying you would raise "if" you had better position. It just seems to me that your response contradicts your initial reply.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:45 PM

Yep. I mean if i was in position. This raise is to get an extra bet from villains who have already called a bet.

Raising the bettor on the right is only going to knock out the players we want to stay in.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If its raised at all behind me i'm 3betting to get more cash in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show your math on this statement. How many players would have to tag along for a 3-bet to be profitable?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If its raised at all behind me i'm 3betting to get more cash in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show your math on this statement. How many players would have to tag along for a 3-bet to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it the action went BB bets, hero calls, MP2 calls, CO raises.