Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 AM

Default I bluff with a made hand, just like in high stakes

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.15/$0.30 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $62.80
BB: $100.85
Regular (UTG): $74.75
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $61.45</font>
BTN: $14.25

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is a reg, probably 2p2, 17/12/2.5.
Edit: He probably has a HUD, and with numbers on me like 24/17/3</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J A (5 Players)
<font color="red">Regular raises to $1.05</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.60</font>, 3 folds, Regular calls $2.55
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($7.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Regular checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Regular raises to $12.90</font>, Hero calls $7.90

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($33.45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Regular checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $22.00</font>

I have some thoughts on this, but I'd like others to comment first.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: I bluff with a made hand, just like in high stakes

Pot is 25.5

You need to call 8.

You get 1 to 3,2.

Does it look like someone who doesnt want to get drawn out? We are talking about a connected monotone board here.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:24 AM

Hmmm, hands that call you are KQhh (is this in his range, considering you are this deep?), KxKh, QxQh, and perhaps JxJh? I dont know if his 3bet calling range is wider here though. But seeing as how the hand went down, this is probably fine against a good regular.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 AM

I think I get your thought process here. Villain check raises the flop with TPGK to protect against heart draws, then checks the turn because he's scared of the flush. What I'm wondering is what you're beating on the flop that you can make this call with. You're probably toast on this flop. Also PF.. I'm not a fan of 3B'ing a 17/12 UTG opener with AJo.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, hands that call you are KQhh (is this in his range, considering you are this deep?), KxKh, QxQh, and perhaps JxJh? I dont know if his 3bet calling range is wider here though. But seeing as how the hand went down, this is probably fine against a good regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQh no, KKh I very much doubt it. However, I think that he might semibluff the flop with 22h-QQh. I actually read the cr as weakness on this flop, and I think that's what it usually is from 2p2-type players in HU pots.

I mean, why the hell would he cr me if he flopped the flush or a set? Any other line but check fold would be better. Same goes for AK - a cr would overrep his hand.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:38 AM

This is way too FPS w/o you having actual reads beyond him being a regular. Given the read that villain is 17/12 you are just gonna get in trouble spots (like this) 3betting his UTG open w/ AJ.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:41 AM

I agree that a c/r *usually* means weakness coming from a 2p2 / regular. However, when you're playing deep games, these action may mean different things, because you have a lot more money to manouveur with. I still like your line, but would definately fold to a rr.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a c/r *usually* means weakness coming from a 2p2 / regular. However, when you're playing deep games, these action may mean different things, because you have a lot more money to manouveur with. I still like your line, but would definately fold to a rr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would fold to a reraise on the turn if I only had a dollar left.
However, he will never ever raise me there - it is call or fold time for him.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 AM

I dont like the way you played your hand except for the turn raise. If we look at it from his point of view it is very likely that you raised on that flop with a Kh or Qh and then called his reraise. The flush which you're are representing is very very possible for you to have and so your bluff is very decent. Although I would be a litte concerned about him having reraised you with a heart draw on the flop (he could have A?Qh/Kh maybe even KQ with one being a heart) I still think your bluff is EV+. The only question left is what do you do if he calls and then checks the river?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 AM

I think it's a good spot to bluff. If it is a good idea to bluff on these limits in the first place is a different question. If you think he can lay down AK or a smaller PP here it's ok. I try not to make pure bluffs though with cards to come. And if you think he probably has AK, AQ, KK, QQ, JJ, TT and you wonder if he can lay it down, it is VERY questionable to 3bet him preflop with AJo. I'd rather do it with T9s...