Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 06:15 PM

Default 1/2 PLO interest list went 6 deep at Taj friday night

...as well as a 5-10 No Limit Omaha interest list, at about 4 deep. Just FYI.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 1/2 PLO interest list went 6 deep at Taj friday night

I'm suprised they wouldn't start a 6 handed table.

How many 2+2'ers are close to AC?

With some advance planning, I'd be willing to try and coordinate getting down there for a 1/2 PLO game.

I've run into some PArty Philly PLO'ers that might play.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:22 PM

I am about an hour north of Philly, but I am typically in AC every other weekend during summer months playing NL. Check out my post here. The Borgata is having a $300 tourney along with others to open up the new room, so if this PLO tourney gets off I think it will be the best chance for some PLO side action in Atlantic City
Old 06-19-2006, 03:31 AM

It went down Friday night around 10:30ish, I was there!

Full table, with a few coming in and out.

Super-good action, plenty of 3-way all-in pots with nut straight vs. pair/idiot straight vs. set, two flush draws vs. straight draw, and one guy playing every pot the 2 1/2 hours I was there. I doubled through with bottom set on the flop against TP/Gutterball. They really should spread this without needing an interest list, they'd get 1-2 tables easily if they tried.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:00 PM

Default PLO interest in general (was 1/2 PLO interest- Taj fri)

[ QUOTE ]
Super-good action, plenty of 3-way all-in pots with nut straight vs. pair/idiot straight vs. set, two flush draws vs. straight draw, and one guy playing every pot the 2 1/2 hours I was there. I doubled through with bottom set on the flop against TP/Gutterball. They really should spread this without needing an interest list, they'd get 1-2 tables easily if they tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to do a poll of all poker players (both online & live). To find out:

1. Do you know how to play PLO
2. Would you play PLO
3. Would you choose PLO over NL

I'm going to guess that it's around 50% of poker players know PLO. 20-25% would play PLO. And <10% would choose PLO over NL.

I have no idea if there is any difference between online vs live.

I guess there is hope for PLO as people become bored with NL. I became interested in NL right before the current boom started by the hole-card cam on TV. Even just 2 yrs ago at the TAJ, there might be only one or two $1/$2 NL tables with maybe at least triple the number of $2/$4 limit games. The number of NL tables/players has grown greatly in the last two years.

It's been about two years since I started playing PLO and about a year since my first game of choice is PLO.

In conclusion, PLO is either the highest form of poker evolution or trickle down economic theory predicts more PLO players.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Re: PLO interest in general (was 1/2 PLO interest- Taj fri)

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] PLO, but the only game they spread in NOLA has 10-25 blinds and only goes on Wednesday night. During the WSOPC they had one game of 5-10 PLO around the clock for 4 days, and it was awesome. I have tried to get a 5-10 NLHE/PLO mix game going, but have not had any luck. I would think that PLO would be hot in LA becuase of all the crazy action junkies out there, but the 3 times I have been to Commerce there has not been a game.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to go to Tunica to get my fix, but I HATE the 6 hour drive.