Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Insta-bankroll, next bonus?

Hey guys

I've been grinding out at $10 nl for a few weeks now. I deposited $95, got the match bonus and rakeback. I finished second on a multi table tourney for $450. I had been up to about $185 at the time. My bankroll has now shot up to over $650.

I've only moved up to $25 NL now, it feels good to actually have a "real" bankroll. Alot less stress.

My question now is, should I move to another site after I clear my bonus with the full $600 to maximize my bonuses??

I previoussly had an account on UltimateBet and Stars but I've moved and have a new bank account so I dont nec think they're gonna deny me. What would you guys suggest to do with the new bankroll?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Insta-bankroll, next bonus?

I'm in the same boat and just moved my BR over to FT to take advantage of deposit bonus and RB. I guess it depends on what level you'd like to eventually play and how much whoring you're willing to do. (Bonus-whoring, I mean lol)
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Pretend it never happened, keep working on 10 NL until you have statistical confidence that you can beat the game.

Then repeat at 25 NL and every level thereafter until you are in the 1,000,000 NL that should exist by then.

Think of the tournament winnings as your bankroll insurance policy. Alternatively, you could use a portion of this money to buy materials that would improve your game - such as PokerTracker, PokerAce HUD, and 2+2 books. (This is what I did four years ago in same boat you are in now fwiw).
Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 PM

Good advice ^^^^.
Well done. If you don't mind the moving, then there's no reason not to take advantage of bonuses. It'd be nice to have big rolls on both FT and Stars, but I'm currently grinding out my bonus on just FT...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 PM

That's def a good idea. I am fairly comfertable at $25. Last summer I had a bankroll over $1k playing .5/1. I blew it trying to make a run at 2/4.

I'm def not going to move up to $50 until I have over $1k. If I do run bad in $25 I will move back to $10.

What'r some of the better bonuses I should look for?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM

And btw, I do have PT, PAHUD and Harrington 1/2 and NL Holdem Theory.