Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 AM

Default 10NL new to Full Ring

Hey everybody, I've been lurking the forums for a few days and have sent IMs to a couple of you, if you don't have mine send me a message sometime at Trippledollar.

Immediately those who I've talked with have helped improve my game tremendously. After my first real session of following the advice given on these forums I did better than ever.

Anyways, I'd like to post a hand I thought was interesting for discussion. The session was 500 hands long at $10NL on fulltilt and i played at 11.3/8.2/4.5

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($11.60)
SB ($10)
BB ($7.30)
UTG ($10.05)
UTG+1 ($9.90)
Hero ($19.70)
MP2 ($4.30)
MP3 ($14.60)
CO ($3.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.35, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.55</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.20, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($4.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, CO calls $2.30 (All-In), Button folds.

Turn: ($11.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($11.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $11.10
Old 10-10-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: new to Full Ring

Hand is standard. Well played. I dont think 4betting is a good idea and on the flop you definitely do not want to give free cards.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:27 AM

I'm new to these forums myself, but since I'm playing NL10 too, I'm giving it a try.

Your PFR is standard. You get reraised by the button and call. I would call here too, but since your typical villain at NL10 is loose you could probably also 4-bet him. CO calls too, so both villains are representing a very strong hand (possibly a pocket pair or AK).

The flop is great for you, giving you top set. The almost pot-sized bet is fine, you don't want to give them the odds to chase another diamond.

If the CO really has 2 diamonds, that's bad luck, otherwise you should win a nice pot here.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:41 AM

Welcome to the forum...

What sort of reads did you have on the two villains here? Unless I am pretty sure that the shortstack is going to come along then I probably fold PF. Without reads to the contrary I would expect a raise like this over two players to be AA or KK more times than not.

We hit our set on the flop, but the board is flushed. It's quite possible that someone has a FD but doubtful anyone has a made flush. Unfortunately any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] beats us if another one falls. On a non-flushed board I would certainly prefer a c/r. However, you have two villains here and one of them must almost assuredly have a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The one guy is short and the other would be committed with a c-bet, so I actually like the donk here.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:43 AM

This looks fine to me