Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Help - Need a new Deck for my car.

For the last couple of years I have used a Griffin FM Transmitter to listen to my iPod in the car.

I have been waiting to buy a new deck, and I am finally getting around to it. The problem: I have zero experience with car stereos. I do not know which brands are good, I do not know what I should be looking for.

Needs: Decent price, I am looking for ~200 with all installation. I would also like to get it off of Crutchfield.com, they seem to offer in depth instructions, install kits, and a free extension kit that I will need.

I also need a direct connection for my iPod. I do not care if it is through RCA outs (I don't know if this is even possible), or through a USB/iPod connector connection.

Oh, and I want it to sound decent without the need of a new amp/sub/etc.

Plz help [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Help - Need a new Deck for my car.

Crutcfield is hella expensive. Depending on what type of car you have, you should probably just get it professionally installed if you have zero expereience.

Most stereos have RCAs now, but I think you will still need a iPod controller which is gonna be at least $50.

I haven't shopped around in a long time so I can't suggest any decks. Just read some online reviews.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Help - Need a new Deck for my car.

[ QUOTE ]
Crutcfield is hella expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an example, their JVC receivers are not only the cheapest I can find, but they come with full detailed instructions, a free extension kit, and free shipping.

I can not find anywhere that beats that :\

I know people that can install decks that know nothing about new technology, so I do not need it professionally installed. Anyways, I know I can do it, its just a receiver. Also, if I have problems I have friends that owe me favors.

Also, it has been a nightmare trying to find online reviews. I can find like one review per item and its usually described as "GEE THIS HERE IS A GOOD PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, I'LL YELL YA WHAT."