Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Default STT Profitability

I was just curious as to what everyone thinks of the overall profitability of different STT structures.

If someone would want to express an opinion on the following different structures that would be great.

1. Heads Up Normal
2. Heads Up Turbo
3. 6-Max Normal
4. 6-Max Turbo
5. 9-Max Normal
6. 9-Max Turbo

I was wondering where people have made the most money.

For example, turbo tournaments are faster but may be harder to beat ect.

Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: STT Profitability

I personally can't wait to get to the point of sngs where it's a push/fold decision. That's where I feel my edge over the rest of the competition is greatest, which is why i play the 9-max turbos. Plus it allows me to keep a solid mindframe for the first 3 or 4 levels while i get a beat on who's at my table, look for familiar faces, pick up strange betting patterns from people who don't know enough about sngs, and then exploit them when the blinds get high quickly.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: STT Profitability

[ QUOTE ]
Turbo or Regular SNGs

Some sites offer the option to play either turbo or regular SNGs. The difference is, in turbos, the blind structure escalates faster than in regular SNGs. Obviously, one plays a bit different than the other.

Some people believe that a different strategy is required for each. This isn't true. You are still playing the same game and by and large, the same concepts apply. You still should play tight early and you definitely should still use ICM late.

So why would you play one instead of the other? If the strong point of your game is your early level play, you may do better at regulars since there will be more time to play the early levels. If your strong point is late game play, you may prefer turbos since you will hit big blinds quicker. Additionally, you should consider hourly rate. Turbos finish quicker, so your hourly rate may well be better in turbos. However due to a slower pace and more early level play, you may be able to maintain a slightly better ROI in regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

FAQ
Closed Thread