Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Two Full Tilt $1/2 AK Hands - What on earth is going on?

Ignore the insanity please. How much further should I be going with these hands. Look at how I just check/call the turn the second time - I thought I AK was at the bottom of his range - but then lead/call the river. I swear I'm absolutely losing it. These hands occurred during the same session. 1st hand villian is loose passive, 2nd hand villain is likely loose aggressive - these are the types of players you dream about sitting with... (I'll post the results right now in another post)

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.75
UTG+1: $25.75
CO: $13.50
Button: $116
SB: $100.25
Flophunter: $41.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Flophunter is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises, Flophunter 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Flophunter bets, UTG+1 raises, 2 folds, Flophunter calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
Flophunter checks, UTG+1 bets</font>, Flophunter raises</font>, UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Flophunter calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12BB, 2 players)
Flophunter checks, UTG+1 bets</font>, Flophunter calls.

Results:
Final pot: 14BB

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.75
UTG+1: $0
CO: $33.75
Button: $60.75
SB: $51.75
Flophunter: $42.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Flophunter is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, Button raises, SB folds, Flophunter 3-bets, Button calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 3 players)
Flophunter bets, Button raises, Flophunter 3-bets, Button caps, Flophunter calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 3 players)
Flophunter checks, Button bets</font>, Flophunter calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 3 players)
Flophunter bets, Button raises, Flophunter calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12.25BB
Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Two Full Tilt $1/2 AK Hands - What on earth is going on?

Both players turned underfulls with A4 and A6 respectively. I thought that AA and KK were about a million times more likely than these holdings. I just don't know how I don't lose literally a buy-in in pots in these two hands alone against these weakest players at the table.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Hand 1 I go crazy on flop and 3bet it, he likes his hand, you like your's better, extract money of him. the way you played it after getting 3bet after I c/r on turn I call down if the opponent is not too agressive .

hand 2 i bet the turn and call a raise. You have top two and cant give him cerdit for a set or better just yet. if he raises then i call down.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:10 PM

Hand 1 I switch between betting out and checkraising the turn. Either seems fine. After I get 3 bet, I consider those hands that beat me. But, folding seems wrong HU.

Hand 2. The way you played it, I fold the river. I think if you bet, you have to be prepared to fold to a raise. If you are determined to see a showdown, then check/call would be better.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:55 PM

I think if I led the turn and called a raise and then donked the river, I could fold to a raise.

However, after just check calling the turn card, I think that AK makes up enough of his range (that he would raise) and so I have to call. I think check/calling is fine as well - I just couldn't believe that the same thing was happening to me again. Note that both AK hands were picked up in the BB. I three-bet both of them and flopped top two. Both times the opponent flopped two pair (the dream situation) and then turned a two outer. I played each hand differently postflop and got destroyed both ways. Really frustrating.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if I led the turn and called a raise and then donked the river, I could fold to a raise.

However, after just check calling the turn card, I think that AK makes up enough of his range (that he would raise) and so I have to call. I think check/calling is fine as well - I just couldn't believe that the same thing was happening to me again. Note that both AK hands were picked up in the BB. I three-bet both of them and flopped top two. Both times the opponent flopped two pair (the dream situation) and then turned a two outer. I played each hand differently postflop and got destroyed both ways. Really frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugly hands. Like deja vu.

I don't really disagree with you given your read on the villain as a LAG. But, given the flop action, I'm not very confident that he's got the same hand. That second 6 completes two pair combos or sets that this villain might cap with on the flop. Of course, if if he's routinely capping flops with top pair... then what can you do?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:07 PM

These both suck for you, but understandable from the reads. A limp, cold-call from UTG in hand one is not unreasonable (it's not good poker...), nor is a raise on the button in hand 2 if both opponents are loose. Take some notes, wait for your spot and take their money.