Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 11:11 PM

Default top 2 in position on scary board

No history with villain up to this point.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $134.50
UTG+1: $381.45
Hero: $203.80
Button: $324.65
SB: $140.65
BB: $274.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $41</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($96, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($96, 2 players)
UTG checks,

How is my play thus far? Do you fire the river? How much?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: top 2 in position on scary board

Just check it down. Worse usually won't call, better usually won't fold, can't stand a c/r, etc. Other streets look fine.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM

oh man wow, fold preflop without a read on the guy, and turn is a super easy all in fist pump, as played river is an all in for sure.

dont be so scared of such a small part of his range (flush), especially when against that range you still have a lot of outs (and youre basically crushing the range that youre ahead of). and dont give 60bb stacks any respekt, yo.

i mean i see retards like this snap call the turn with Tx9h.
i dont see how you can possibly check the river here, hes checked to you TWICE and you have top two. did you go all in and he called with AA or something?

EDIT: just noticed that he minraised pf. that makes pf call good, and it makes the turn and river even easier all ins
Old 09-19-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh man wow, fold preflop without a read on the guy, and turn is a super easy all in fist pump, as played river is an all in for sure.

dont be so scared of such a small part of his range (flush), especially when against that range you still have a lot of outs (and youre basically crushing the range that youre ahead of). and dont give 60bb stacks any respekt, yo.

i dont see how you can possibly check the river here, hes checked to you TWICE and you have top two. did you go all in and he called with AA or something?

EDIT: just noticed that he minraised pf. that makes pf call good, and it makes the turn and river even easier all ins

[/ QUOTE ]

So, shove the turn and... which worse hands call? donked-up AK/AA?

Also, preflop is very questionable, hadn't noticed that before.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, shove the turn and... which worse hands call? donked-up AK/AA?

Also, preflop is very questionable, hadn't noticed that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA AK KQ KJ QxQh JxJh random tx/heart
and were totally crushing these hands, compared to the small portion of his range that beats us (mostly flushes), which we almost always have lots of outs against unless he has a boat or the nut flush.

hes sitting with 65bb. he calls with AhQx and [censored] sometimes too.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:37 PM

Fold PF. Def bet river, what is he calling you with that beats you with the line he took? Looks alot like AK. Bet and make some money.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 PM

Interesting replies. I don't think calling preflop is bad, as my hand is fine against his range and I have position. I will reveal the results once more ppl chime in.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting replies. I don't think calling preflop is bad, as my hand is fine against his range and I have position. I will reveal the results once more ppl chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling PF is very bad. K10 is one of the worst hands in poker, especially when you're calling a raise with it.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling PF is very bad. K10 is one of the worst hands in poker, especially when you're calling a raise with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what?
calling a minraise vs a non fullstack with KT can't possibly be very bad. it might be a small error, but thats it. its really not a big deal here.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 PM

bet turn, as played ez bet on the river.