Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Default 1/2 hands

1. villain in this hand has led out alot, so I think he is doing it with very weak/varied holdings and is not a strong player. My plan was to call and felt any non diamond turn, but fold to action behind me. Is pf limp/call ok?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $78
Hero: $248
CO: $227.80
Button: $188
SB: $403.20
BB: $177.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($33, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $32</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($97, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $96</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $192</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $41.2</font>.
Uncalled bets: $54.8 returned to Hero.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($426.2, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $371.4, Sidepot 1: $54.8)

Results:
Final pot: $426.2

2. Is this line too weak? what should my line be here? what If I didnt have a made flush to go with it? no stats or reads

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $79.50
UTG+1: $195.60
CO: $276
Button: $126
SB: $332.75
Hero: $219.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($40, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $40</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $140</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $185.6</font>, SB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($411.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $411.2)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($411.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $411.2)

Results:
Final pot: $411.2

3. again, is this too weak? no stats for villains

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $0
UTG+1: $51.70
CO: $611.10
Hero: $197.60
SB: $250.90
BB: $101.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $100</font>, 2 folds, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $70 returned to SB.

Turn: : ($96, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: $96

4. Ipoker so no converter
main villain is 68/17 with flop aggro of 1/turn 4.5 over just 78 hands
UTG limps, villain limps, guy raises button, i call in the sb with 7c 5c 10c 8h. Is this ok? BB and first limper folds, main villain calls

flop is 10h 8d 3c. I have a note on the button raiser that he over values hands, so I lead for $30 happy to get it in with top 2. The limp/caller now raises it to $74 pretty fast. Button guy folds. Me?
Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 1/2 hands

Just a general tip: I think it's better if you divide the hands into more threads, so people can answer only the hands they feel they have a good reply to. When it's 4 hands in one thread, I feel like it's quickly becoming messy and hard to discuss each hand.

Hand 1: With your read, I like how you played the hand. I usuallt raise two pairs preflop though, but I think limp/call is very reaonable too.

Hand 2: I think your made flush is wortless, because it surely looks like youre up against one or two higher flushes. Still, if you can get it 3-ways(if you call), I think you have the odds to call here... But I'm not really sure. I'm not sure about PF though. This is a really bad AA-hand, and raising this OOP is not really the best way to play this hand imo. Make sure at least one of your aces are suited, and preferable, your kickers should be somewhat connected as well imo.

Hand 3: I think this is a push. Middle set, and two obvious draws out there(wrap and flushdraw), I think I'll take the variance way and push all in. He could also have 66, which makes you a pretty big favorite.

Hand 4: I fold PF, at least OOP. This is too weak of a hand here imo. Is this for full stacks? I want to fold, but I'm having a hard time putting him on a hand as well. 88 and TT somewhat unlikely, but not impossible. 33? Would he limp/call with 33? And raise the flop multiway? That leaves a wrap, which youre a small favorite to. I don't know really. If the stacks are less than 100bb, and/or villain is bad, I'm probably getting it in.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Hand 2: I don't think UTG is folding so I think you can get it in 3-ways very often. I think one of them has a set too often for you to draw though but it seems close.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a general tip: I think it's better if you divide the hands into more threads, so people can answer only the hands they feel they have a good reply to. When it's 4 hands in one thread, I feel like it's quickly becoming messy and hard to discuss each hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I dont want to flood the forum with 7 or 8 threads per day and all I want are short comments on my lines etc, if I have a really interesting hand that merits alot of discussion I will post it in its own thread
Old 10-14-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I dont want to flood the forum with 7 or 8 threads per day and all I want are short comments on my lines etc, if I have a really interesting hand that merits alot of discussion I will post it in its own thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Timberbee is right. Its not that big of a deal, but I personally don't like posting to 6 hands in one thread.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:06 PM

I agree as well. I also can't remember the hands so I have to scroll up when I read the replies which is annoying. There aren't that many threads in this forum so it not a problem at all I think.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Allright, w/e, I'll post individual threads. I come from MSNL where guys who post 10 threads a day are lambasted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 08:44 AM

any more comments on these hands?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Hand 1) I almost always raise DoublePair hands in PLo 6max. As played I don't know if I am fond of my bottom set against Button who called a raise PF. I would bet flop and fold to a raise if he's nitty. Otherwise I get it in and hope to see him drawing.

Hand 2) I get it in and observe what variance is doing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hand 3) I push this too. Middle pair is a strong hand and there are lots of draws possible.
hand 4) as said fold PF - don't want to play this hand OOP. wait for your time and stack the donk in a much better situation