Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 PM

Default HU SNG expected hourly rates??? ANybody???

Hi I was just wondering what a good expected hourly would be for a peron 4 tabling $20 HU sngs, what about the $100 HU SNGS. I know the $20 wouldnt be too much but I'm just interested in knowingthis info
Thanx for any replies
Old 09-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: HU SNG expected hourly rates??? ANybody???

In $20 sngs , you will win no more than 65% of the time . In fact , from experience , you should probably be around low 60's if you're very good and 65% if you're exceptional .

If we estimate that you will win 60% ( a reasonable estimate) , then you will profit 40*0.6-21 = $3 for each sng played . Based on experience , the average duration of each sng is about 15 minutes so you CAN make 3*4=$12 playing 4 sng's per hour . If you 4 table , then you may be able to play up to 16 sng's /hour but your win rate will be much lower than 60% .

If you win 55% of the time , then you will profit 40*0.55-21= $1/sng . This means that 16 sng's will equate to something like $16/hour .
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In $20 sngs , you will win no more than 65% of the time . In fact , from experience , you should probably be around low 60's if you're very good and 65% if you're exceptional .

If we estimate that you will win 60% ( a reasonable estimate) , then you will profit 40*0.6-21 = $3 for each sng played . Based on experience , the average duration of each sng is about 15 minutes so you CAN make 3*4=$12 playing 4 sng's per hour . If you 4 table , then you may be able to play up to 16 sng's /hour but your win rate will be much lower than 60% .

If you win 55% of the time , then you will profit 40*0.55-21= $1/sng . This means that 16 sng's will equate to something like $16/hour .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx Jay I just didnt know how to figure out all that math, anyways I have a friend that 4 tables the $20 HU SNGS that has a 20% ROI over 700+ SNGS and was just wondering what someone doing this could potentiallyh make
Thanx
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 AM

I think 65% is far too low. After I cash out I play these games to get me bankroll up and running again. I only play 1 at a time but turbo blinds, and the typical player is just awful. I think my average must be about 75% and im not brilliant (else I wouldnt be playing $20 games) Say 10 minutes at each game, over an hour, id say $60 average is good going. If you can even 2 table then $100 ph wouldnt be an unrealistic target
Old 09-25-2007, 10:22 AM

Sweetng8 , I play primarily heads up sng's .

Wanna make a bet that you're wrong ?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 65% is far too low. After I cash out I play these games to get me bankroll up and running again. I only play 1 at a time but turbo blinds, and the typical player is just awful. I think my average must be about 75% and im not brilliant (else I wouldnt be playing $20 games) Say 10 minutes at each game, over an hour, id say $60 average is good going. If you can even 2 table then $100 ph wouldnt be an unrealistic target

[/ QUOTE ]

your average is only 75% if you don't play enough games for that to be a reasonable average.

so if you won 3 out of 4 i guess you can say 75% but that's not that impressive.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:44 PM

Over the last few months my primary game has been $20 and £30 heads up mainly cos I havent had enough time or concentration to grind my usual games. I dont keep track of HU games on pt but I would guess I have played a few hundred games by now, and I would stick with about 75%. Sorry this isnt more specific but a good player can certainly aim for higher than 65% playing $20 games.

Im curious jay, do you think its the nature of HU tournies that caps good players at 65%? If you played $1 heads up games is 65% still exceptional, or would you be expecting higher?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 PM

I honestly don't believe that Ivey or Chip can win 75% of the time at the $20HU SnGs. No one is doing better than ~65% wins over a sufficient sample (which may be in the several thousands) playing headsup shootouts, even down in the $20s.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Im curious jay, do you think its the nature of HU tournies that caps good players at 65%? If you played $1 heads up games is 65% still exceptional, or would you be expecting higher?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot comment on 1$ heads up games , but you would really be doing yourself a disservice if you were winning 70% of the time at this level . Why not move up to $5 games instead ? Reduce your win rate , but you should still earn more profits this way .

I remember solving a question a long time ago about how often you would win if one player were to shove all in on every hand in an sng . Believe it or not , but a good player will not win more than two thirds of the time even if he were playing optimally .

To give you a crude idea on why it's difficult to win more than two thirds of your games , just remember that 3-2o wins around 32% of the time hold and cold .

As a final note . Your goal is NOT to maximize your win rate but to maximize your $/h .
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi I was just wondering what a good expected hourly would be for a peron 4 tabling $20 HU sngs, what about the $100 HU SNGS. I know the $20 wouldnt be too much but I'm just interested in knowingthis info
Thanx for any replies

[/ QUOTE ]

I played primarily HU SnGs for about a year. I started out modestly, with only about a 55 or 56 % win rate at the $10 level. After I got more experience, I was around 62%. Keep in mind I single-tabled these. However, I played pretty aggressively, and tried to get 10 games/hour. I probably more accurately got 8 or 9 /hour though.

My chart after 700 games:

If you're gonna multitable, your hourly rate will probably be higher, but you're winrate will be lower of course. This is just a guess, but I'd say 4-tabling will get you approx. twice the hourly rate that single-tabling would.

Good Luck.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the difference between a 55% and 60% winrate is huge. 60% winrate has triple the $$/hour that 55% has.