Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Jason Richardson Pushes Fan After Mavs Game

For those of you not in Dallas, and listening to the post game show.

Apparently Richardson got into an altercation with a fan after the game, and might have pushed him. Richardson says that the fan pushed him, but details are somewhat sketchy so far.

Supposedly there is some kind of video evidence, and I assume if he is seen pushing the fan he would be done for the remainder of the playoffs maybe?
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Jason Richardson Pushes Fan After Mavs Game

oh man that would suck. JRich rules.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:52 AM

yeah, that would suck.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:09 AM

1. If the fan pushed him it is the arena's fault IMO. He shouldn't get suspended if fans are pushing him, he is just protecting himself and that would be crap if you ask me. If that were the case the stadium has to do a better job of controlling situations.

2. If JRich just pushed a fan for no reason then thats messed up and something should happen. I think there is like a .0000000000000001% chance that is the likely scenario. JRich seems like a chill dude. If anyone seems like they would do something like it would be Jackson. I just don't see it happening like this.

3. If JRich gets suspended for any amount of this series that would suck b/c we have a great series going and a big reason is b/c of the great players and he is one of them.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. If the fan pushed him it is the arena's fault IMO. He shouldn't get suspended if fans are pushing him, he is just protecting himself and that would be crap if you ask me. If that were the case the stadium has to do a better job of controlling situations.

2. If JRich just pushed a fan for no reason then thats messed up and something should happen. I think there is like a .0000000000000001% chance that is the likely scenario. JRich seems like a chill dude. If anyone seems like they would do something like it would be Jackson. I just don't see it happening like this.

3. If JRich gets suspended for any amount of this series that would suck b/c we have a great series going and a big reason is b/c of the great players and he is one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. As a Mavs fan, I'll take whatever help they can get (yes, it would suck from an objective standpoint, but...I'm not objective).
Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 AM

Sammy,

I understand what you're saying but if he is suspended it is a lose-lose situation even if they win, I know that sounds weird. If they win they only won b/c JRich is gone and if they lose then they are really bad b/c they couldn't even beat them w/o JRich. Bad scenario if you ask me.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sammy,

I understand what you're saying but if he is suspended it is a lose-lose situation even if they win, I know that sounds weird. If they win they only won b/c JRich is gone and if they lose then they are really bad b/c they couldn't even beat them w/o JRich. Bad scenario if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I agree. I get the feeling it would be like an asterick on your guys postseason if you ended winning the series--which is a given in my mind with no JRich.

Now if Jrich punched him or went after him some reason then its understanable...but if some dude got to close and he pushed him out of the way etc...I'd say let it go or fine him.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:36 AM

This sounds like something that's aching to be a story but really isn't. We'll see.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sammy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I agree. I get the feeling it would be like an asterick on your guys postseason if you ended winning the series--which is a given in my mind with no JRich.

Now if Jrich punched him or went after him some reason then its understanable...but if some dude got to close and he pushed him out of the way etc...I'd say let it go or fine him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that there would be an asterisk if he was suspended and the Mavs won.

Knicks-Heat 1998, first round, no Patrick Ewing. The Knicks manage to stay alive in Game 4 (5 game series), but it is clear that they will lose Game 5 in Miami. However, with literally less than 2 seconds to play, Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson started taking swings at each other. Both were suspended, and the Knicks easily took Game 5.

I don't consider this an asterisk - Johnson probably goaded Mourning into taking a swing and Mourning was stupid enough to bite. Immediately after the fight, Pat Riley went to Mourning and whispered "you just cost us the f--king series."

The year before was the bench-clearing brawl that allowed the Heat to come back from down 3-1. That sucked horribly, but again I don't think you can give it an asterisk - the Knicks broke the rules.

In my NBA2K season I was in the Finals against the Lakers. They were very tough and it was doubtful that I could win the series - but in one of the first 2 or 3 games, Shaq got injured for the rest of the Finals and I took it down in 7 grueling games. This one does bother me and I almost put an asterisk next to it in my own mind just because I was so dominated before he went out.

In short, if JRich is clearly in the wrong, Mavs fans can still feel perfectly good about winning the series.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sammy,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like anyone will even remember that if Dallas beats Houston, Phoenix, and Detroit en route to a championship. Especially, since that would be all JRich's fault in the first place.

Although really, I doubt anything's going to happen. This hasn't even been mentioned on ESPN.com, so I doubt it was egregious enough for the league to take action.